Any News From Fisher?

Knomad

Now that Garrett has decided they are serious about staying competitive in the game, and Minelab appears to know their offerings are aging and have issues by announcing a new model, and Nokta has upped their game with a Equinox Clone, Where is Fisher.?  Cosmetic changes to the Antique Gold Bug, and F75, Really.!

ANY Rumors of Modern VLF or Pulse Detectors being tested for even Pre-Production.? 

Fisher Management -- If you have things in the works SPEAK UP, you can ONLY help yourself by doing so, if you do not, Your Loyal Old Customer Base is going to give up on you.!  Let them know you are still a player, if you no longer have management with a passion for the hobby and business, Change Management, before you become the next Legendary Company after Whites to go out of business after losing the passion that made them who they were.!

• The title was changed to Any News From Fisher?

They have a base circuit to build a quite capable gold prospecting PI, in the AQ.....but they simply don't give a sh*t about anything in the real, metal detector competition world. They're (apparently) quite comfy sitting on their hands letting the other 'real' company's slug it out. Very sad really, that icon brands like Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter are left to wither away. They all seriously need to be divested from FTP and allow them to become proper brands again.

The only company actively creating a new prospecting PI aside from ML and Garrett is Nokta-Makro. We'll hear from them next year no doubt. So the answer you were looking for from Fisher is........

tumbleweed-acegif-2.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry about the Ha Ha emoji. My intent was to give Carl a Trophy 🏆 emoji. My finger disobeyed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's great news, hopefully they decide to price it in a very appealing price range, $2000-2500 USD would be a very sensible price to make some real noise and get some decent sales, I'm sure when Nokta gets theirs to market it would be low priced so aiming too high could backfire.  If the Axiom doesn't sell as well as they hope I'm sure price adjustments will happen over time especially as more competitors come to market.

Sounds like it may have similar performance to a QED? If so they sell for $2000 Australian dollars so what's that, $1350 USD? the QED's obviously lacking professional build quality and injection molding though which adds to the cost, but if the Impulse Gold got as low as $1500 USD it could potentially become very popular, creating a market of new PI prospectors with a lower budget that just don't want to spend for the high end and still get a decent detector.  People that typically buy the higher end detectors could potentially buy one too as the price would be so appealing.   That's where there is a gap in the market, a prospecting PI that's not a significant jump up in price from a high end VLF.

It has to be able to be done, I can go out now and buy a Garrett Sea Hunter MkII for $939 NZD, $584 USD and that is a PI that has all that massive waterproofing for 60m depth and a cheaper price than an Equinox 800 here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Sorry about the Ha Ha emoji. My intent was to give Carl a Trophy 🏆 emoji. My finger disobeyed. 

The HaHa emoji is probably appropriate, too. That's what most folks think of when they think of FTP.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Sounds like it may have similar performance to a QED? If so they sell for $2000 Australian dollars so what's that, $1350 USD? the QED's obviously lacking professional build quality and injection molding though which adds to the cost, but if the Impulse Gold got as low as $1500 USD it could potentially become very popular, creating a market of new PI prospectors with a lower budget that just don't want to spend for the high end and still get a decent detector.  People that typically buy the higher end detectors could potentially buy one too as the price would be so appealing.   That's where there is a gap in the market, a prospecting PI that's not a significant jump up in price from a high end VLF.

I had a QED (PL3) on loan for a while and, honestly, I was a bit disappointed with it. I considered it a little better than the TDI, but not as much as I expected. I found it to be noisy and temperamental, and the weird 2-step threshold adjustment was just awful. This particular unit didn't have the 3D printed parts I've heard about, instead I found the mechanicals to be perfectly reasonable. In any case, the Impulse Gold was clearly outperforming the QED in the tests I was able to do. Given that Garrett did a really nice job on the Axiom (way better mechanicals than we can do) I would expect to be south of the Axiom price.

It has to be able to be done, I can go out now and buy a Garrett Sea Hunter MkII for $939 NZD, $584 USD and that is a PI that has all that massive waterproofing for 60m depth and a cheaper price than an Equinox 800 here.

Some PI detectors have simpler designs that are cheaper to build. I designed the TDI-SL to sell for $999 MSRP and it could have been sold for $600 with good margins. Probably the Sea Hunter, even with that enclosure, is not expensive to build.

The Impulse AQ (and Gold) are difficult to build, especially for FTP which is accustomed to mass assembly-line production. We are still struggling with the AQ, which is why it's been such a challenge to ship detectors. That's one of the key issues to address on the Gold before it goes into production.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Click on your emoji and it will be removed. Then go again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Geotech said:

There is an "Impulse Gold" in development.

Outstanding! Pity we have to hear about it from a 3rd party. :rolleyes: