Tasmania's Largest Gold Nuggets

geof_junk

Thanks for sharing very interesting video and I will finish watching it shortly.

• Like 1

Good one. First time I've seen any Tassie goldfields. Not very detector friendly is it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Smigo said:

Not very detector friendly is it.

I noticed a lot of areas that were good for a detector, and also some of the creek/river would have been a great place to find some gold also.

I would have used the 800 to get me in the right place in the water and then set up a sluice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I noticed a lot of areas that were good for a detector, and also some of the creek/river would have been a great place to find some gold also.

I would have used the 800 to get me in the right place in the water and then set up a sluice.

Im probably too spoilt where I am comparing Tas to Central Victoria

• Haha 2

Most gold bearing ground in Tassie is hard going for a detector . We grow scrub , lot's of it !  I am always watching for a  bushfire to open up ground for relics and gold . A good hot fire will give about 12 months access before bracken regrowth makes for hard swinging again .   Even ground that looks fairly open like some in the vid can have 6 _ 10 inches of leaf litter which knocks your detection depth way back .

• Like 2

It's true Tasmania is not very detector friendly, rainforest does make things difficult, but we have some pristine rainforest rivers that are ideal for sniping. My first season sniping last summer 72 gram between three of us in 3 weekends, not too shabby.

DSCF0958.JPG

DSCF1007.JPG

• Like 9