This Is The Best Setting For Iron Separation With The Legend

If you want incredible separation in iron, this setting is it.

Park or Field

Disc Pattern:  F, notch foil if you don't want it or C

M2 or M3

Tone Break 1, this is what makes the separation incredible. For some reason Tone Break is affecting separation.

Iron Filter 1, Stability 4

Try it out. This make the Legend separation as good as anything.

• Like 2

Yes, set tone break to 1 and use disc to 10 or 11 for best separation. Tone break at 10-11 kills separation. It seem Tone break, Iron Filter and Stability are all connected. They all affect separation.

Using this test with the above setting, the Legend hits the coin all around. Set tone break at 10-11, only get a hit one way.

Test.jpg

• The title was changed to This Is The Best Setting For Iron Separation With The Legend

Have you tried it in M1 and the single frequencies?

TID 1 is a ground response. I wonder if this behavior is known & intended by @Nokta Detectors. Could this be something that really needs to be "fixed" and therefor make the Legend even better? Is this related to what Tom Dankowski was referring to as an anomaly/demodulation issue?

Very interesting. 

• Like 1

I sent an email to Dilek about it. Tone break shouldn't do that. Will be interesting to see the next update. At least the Legend is working a lot better with those setting. 

M1 doesn't separate well. Single frequencies won't make a chirp on the coin which is surprising.

Nokta will make the Legend even better finding these things out.

Try the settings and let us know how it works for you.

Nasa Tom probably does know. I posted it on his forum too.

• Like 1

Rick,   Are you making your comparison of improved separation by moving the first Tone Break to 1 from Tone Break 10?  7? 

• Like 1

Normally I was running disc pattern A, Pitch, and Tone Break 10 or 11.

Using the 6" coil doing nail tests, I switched to disc pattern to F and set Tone Break as low as it could go and that was 1. With Tone Break at 10, the nail test with the Legend was hitting it partially. At Tone Break 1, I got a hit all around on the coin. That really surprised me.

Yes, I was comparing Tone Break 10 and Tone Break 1 to see if it affected separation. I didn't test other Tone Break settings. I was surprised how good the separation was with Tone Break 1. And surprised it hit the coin sweeping all around it. 

Have you tried it

Thank you for asking.

Test.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I tried it at TB of 1 & I wasn't seeing an improvement in separation from my normal TB of 7. I do know there is a noticeable difference in separation AND unmasking when the TB moves from +/- 10 Factory default.

Your observation is correct on moving the Tone Break. I don't think you have to go all the way to 0.   6 or 7 work best for me.

Now, play with the Recovery speed. You will be surprised at how much a slower speed improves the audio on co located targets. I have not found a need to go above 5, even in machinegun nails. The only exception I have found so far is in heavy mineralized dirt, 6 or 7 is required. High mineralization soil has been the most challenging for me. The settings have to be just right to get some decent depth & tone.  I'm still experimenting with it. Otherwise The Legend is a very forgiving machine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1