A Summary Of My First Season With The Deus 2

Brad Plohman

I dug a pretty small gold ring with the deus 2 this year and If I remember right it was a 32-34...Notching out to 28 makes good sense to me except maybe miss  gold chain..Thanks for giving us your settings.

strick 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unipin said:

Fist of all Congrats for your finds! As i look at this beautiful picture with those gold rings something went through my mind. Did you find all those rings in same area or just part of it on the same spot? Those big rings with black enamel or stone look very similar as i can notice, and also those two with an inscription at the bottom of the picture. 

If they are found at the same spot, the "black" ones espacially, or the other two i mentioned they might be from a crime scene, just saying, or somebody lost all of his rings while swimming, you never know. Maybe is a good idea to check with the local police, looks like somebody lost an arm not a ring.

Thanks.

Pretty sure these are just your run of the mill, random, lost gold ring at the beach type rings.

3 hours ago, strick said:

I dug a pretty small gold ring with the deus 2 this year and If I remember right it was a 32-34...Notching out to 28 makes good sense to me except maybe miss  gold chain..Thanks for giving us your settings.

strick 

I did not notch, but I did run discrimination at 25-28 this summer too. Really think it helped with the black sand. I will do some more testing in a few weeks. 

Was there a difference in notching or just running disc to the number??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

I did not notch, but I did run discrimination at 25-28 this summer too. Really think it helped with the black sand. I will do some more testing in a few weeks. 

Was there a difference in notching or just running disc to the number??? 

Notch you hear nothing...disk it sounds like iron up till the point you disked out...In simple terms thats how I understand it. 

strick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, strick said:

Notch you hear nothing...disk it sounds like iron up till the point you disked out...In simple terms thats how I understand it. 

strick

That's how I understand it too. If you Disc at 7, everything 7 and below will sound like iron. However, for some reason that does not apply to Full Tones. If you use Full Tones, you have to Disc at 0 or below to hear any iron tones.

• Like 1