Manticore In Arizona

Video posted Nov 26, 2022 Prospector Pete gets the honor of working with Minelab Debby and they put the Manticore to use - "This metal detector is not yet available to the public until early 2023, but we take a sneak peek into the features of this machine, it truly lives up to its name! 2-D graph allows you to visualize what is beneath the ground. This unit allows you to size the target and get an idea of what material it is made of. The armrest is new and is designed for ergonomics and comfort. I am very impressed by this unit! I can not say enough about this very impressive metal detector."

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Manticore in Arizona
  • The title was changed to Manticore In Arizona

It was a pleasant surprise for a change to watch such an insightful video.Minelab Debby is very Knowledgeable, articulate and unpretentious.I had made up my mind not to jump on the Manticore band wagon but after watching I am starting to crawfish and lean the other direction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like the idea of multi IQ with target trace, I use target trace a lot of my CTX and then when I go back to the Nox I do miss having it so having a Nox with Target Trace is great.  I quite liked that video, one of the few that held my attention most I flick though and don't want most of it, if any. 

Having a proper LCD screen on it has made it much more user friendly and easy to use, the screen looks like it works well in the sun too.  Some detectors are getting so complicated to navigate on their screens or need too many buttons because of it for many people.  The LCD is the way to go.

I'm not seeing anything that blows me away in any videos at this stage however I do like the idea of an upgraded Nox, after all its my favourite overall VLF.  Those that haven't used a CTX or have used a CTX in conditions it doesn't favour so it's target trace isn't working all that well will really like having the target trace, it does give great information for the visual detectorist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Video posted Nov 26, 2022 Prospector Pete gets the honor of working with Minelab Debby and they put the Manticore to use - "This metal detector is not yet available to the public until early 2023, but we take a sneak peek into the features of this machine, it truly lives up to its name! 2-D graph allows you to visualize what is beneath the ground. This unit allows you to size the target and get an idea of what material it is made of. The armrest is new and is designed for ergonomics and comfort. I am very impressed by this unit! I can not say enough about this very impressive metal detector."

I was hoping for some separation difference to be displayed in gold nugget detection. But it’s probably not going to be possible.

1 hour ago, FloridaSon said:

And they mentioned manual GB and tracking GB. Does that mean no auto GB?

See the characteristics/specs that Steve H. just posted in his detector database entry for the Manticore.  Your answer is there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

See the characteristics/specs that Steve H. just posted in his detector database entry for the Manticore.  Your answer is there.

I was hoping for some separation difference to be displayed in gold nugget detection on the Arizona video. I don't see what youre referring to in the detector database.