Manticore In Arizona

17 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Interesting that the testing of target separation did not interfere with the coil’s ‘edge detection’ as the NOX has.

And they mentioned manual GB and tracking GB. Does that mean no auto GB? 

Looking fwd to learning more about the Manticore. 

At the about the 3:30 mark in the video Debby says and shows that the ground tracking is on, so it has auto ground tracking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

At the about the 3:30 mark in the video Debby says and shows that the ground tracking is on, so it has auto ground tracking.

Of course it does. It adds to the Equinox feature base, not takes things away. It ain’t rocket science kids. If you liked Equinox, you’ll love Manticore.

• Like 8

If all goes well, I will be sharing pictures of Manticore finds from in the salt water.  Hurry up Santa, Gerry's Detectors has places to go.  He also has customers patiently waiting.  It looks as if the wait time could be pre Christmas for a few.  Let's just hope us dealers get a good allotment of units the 1st few rounds.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

The milder your gold area soil gets the more viable VLF's become, I am in rather mild soil, and then there is bedrock and creek detecting especially creeks that are nothing more than bedrock, VLF's are great, waterproof and all.,

For VLFs the soil is the biggest factor. You're surely spoiled with the conditions you are having in New Zealand, as you are saying. However, In most parts of the other world gold bearing areas are extremely mineralized, which makes PIs the much better choice. For the general exploration trips I use my SDC (and digg it all), which is also less sensitive to hotrocks than the 6000. At times, I use the GM/5, but mostly only for bedrock scraping and crevice scouting. The GB2 has never delivered for me in heavy mineralized grounds and gold can very easily be missed That's why the SDC/MPF was developed in the first place, which I view as a "hot soil GB2", but with additional potential for somewhat better depth. If the Manticore will be a game changer in this regard we shall see. But I have my doubts, since a VLF will always remain in principle a VLF, does'nt matter how you pack it. However, for treasure hunting this machine will without a doubt be a delight.

GC

• Like 1

My recent trip to a gold patch showed me that the Equinox 800/11 can ignore hot rocks.  This surprised me as when I first got my Equinox I went to this patch and found 2 nuggets.  I remember it also seeing a lot of hot rocks.  Since that time, I have put thousands of hours on the Equinox and learned how to use it better.

This session I used the F2 and it was great.  I had a smooth threshold in 'all metal' multi.  I located trash and it told me what is what.

If the Manticore is going to enhance that experience it may turn out to find some gold for me in addition to better beach performance.

• Like 4

On 11/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, rled2005 said:

No mention there about nugget detection. If it can do better on the gold field mode than the Equinox, it would be worth it. If it’s just about the same, I’ll keep my Equinox 800. I don’t care as much about relics and coins. Beach and jewelry some.

It’s right there…..

Detect Modes: (Customisable) All-Terrain (5), Beach (4), Goldfield (1)

But this detector is clearly not targeting the gold prospecting market. If anything, the effort is aimed at improving the silver turf hunting and water hunting aspects more than anything else. Other than the improvements for trash handling, mostly in the area of the target display and ferrous id, then I would not expect upgrading from an Equinox to a Manticore to make any real difference when it comes to gold prospecting. That’s the number one reason you are not seeing me jumping up and down going “oh wow.” There is a lot here for me to like, mostly the expanded target id range, for better jewelry detecting. I’ll no doubt probably end up with a Manticore sooner or later. But it simply is not a pressing thing, if gold prospecting is the main idea. And that’s what it’s mostly all about for me.

Tons of places in the U.S. with mild soils and gold. Almost any gold in slate, shale, graywacke, sediment based bedrock locales is low mineral, including vast swaths of my old stomping grounds in Alaska. I would not want to bet yet that PI detectors have ever found more gold even in California than VLFs. You guys late to the game have no idea just how much gold the first guys hitting the ground with VLFs got. Ounce a day was just a norm, as VLFs scarfed up the easy gold and the biggest gold, while ignoring lots of junk. It’s only now in later days that’s this mythology of PI superiority has gotten so entrenched, because of the extra power needed to get what’s left. But back in the 90s VLF was just killing it, with finds that put us to shame these days. It’s not about the detector so much as being first on the ground, and they were there first.

There are still people doing very well with VLFs, but they tend to lay low. :smile:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

If all goes well, I will be sharing pictures of Manticore finds from in the salt water.  Hurry up Santa, Gerry's Detectors has places to go.  He also has customers patiently waiting. 

Gerry don't forget you are Santa for some of us... and watching Santa play with the toys before he hands them out to the kids is not a good look...just sayin lol 

strick 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1