Manticore In Arizona

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Plane.jpg.1139f7d6abd18c772a76a61704019eb8.jpg

We've been waiting for months already, what's another few months.

They made their November target (or so they say) so, I hope they are shipping enough by air to fill the initial already-paid orders.  If dealers get 1 or 2 and the rest by slow-boat there are going to be some very unhappy customers.  Remember this ad they ran?

313440101_6355898247760647_2296151286714

• Like 3

I hope so too, I want one just as much but I saw what happened with the Equinox, especially for US customers, we had ours a long time before the bulk of the US customers could get their mitts on them and I would say largely due to the shipping times.

• Like 1

Iffy signals on YouTube has a new video with Deus2, Manticore, and Nox900 comparison. Worth a look!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

If all goes well, I will be sharing pictures of Manticore finds from in the salt water.  Hurry up Santa, Gerry's Detectors has places to go.  He also has customers patiently waiting.  It looks as if the wait time could be pre Christmas for a few.  Let's just hope us dealers get a good allotment of units the 1st few rounds.

I look forward to your water review.  Do ya know if those crappy yellow phones were upgraded?  I sure hope so.  For the price we should get an option… or it’s an added cost.   As an old smart screen user and CTX user I really like the add.  You almost never dug a bottle cap you didn’t want to.  Side by side targets not IDed properly it helped there too.   Not quite dive ready.  ML hasn’t introduced a new flagship machine …. These machines are out performing their current one.  I’m waiting because of price to see how it performs in the salt water…. Hopefully not a lot of reduction to have it run smoothly and transition in the surf is good.  Really want to see in the near surf how it does on those difficult gold pieces.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the manticore and have taken it out 3 times this past week. I took it to a local park that has an adjacent rec center that was the first school in our city so it has an early 1900’s history. I’ve hunted it about a dozen times with a whites MXT, then my Equinox 800 with the stock coil, the 15” coil and the small coil. In my previous hunts, I have found hundreds of coins and several silvers. I went back to the location just to see if the Manticore would uncover more targets from the same area. The patch of grass I concentrated on is about 20 feet wide and 150’ long. Working this area with the manticore a few hours over two trips, I was amazed at the number of additional coins that I recovered (about 30). The advantage I recognized was the separation of the trash and targets.  Also, painting the separate targets on the 2D screen allowed seeing the targets on the screen for about 3 seconds even after the numerical VDI indicator has disappeared. I’ve found myself digging less trash thanks to the 2D screen as well. A good VDI number showing on the screen can be double checked with the 2D portion to see if the target is bleeding out of the upper or lower 2D ferrous areas which can indicate a trash target (depending on what you’re hunting).  The target identification seemed to be more accurate on the deeper targets than the equinox.  The manticore seems to hit very well on deep dimes.  The VDI screen backlighting and control button backlighting are very bright and adjustable.  The “flashlight” option, for detecting at night, is pretty weak. You’d be better off using a headlight if night detecting is your thing.   I have not had time to test the Manticore on gold nugget targets yet. Just my two cents on my initial usage. I’m happy and pretty impressed with it so far. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PlacerHunter said:

I’ve hunted it about a dozen times with a whites MXT, then my Equinox 800 with the stock coil, the 15” coil and the small coil.

46 minutes ago, PlacerHunter said:

Working this area with the manticore a few hours over two trips, I was amazed at the number of additional coins that I recovered (about 30).

The exact result I was hoping for, when I ordered mine. 😊

Thanks, nice write up.

Yes, some of the coins were deeper than my finds with the 800. More wheat back Pennie’s. My most finds were at a depth that I was going with the 800, but the manticore seemed a lot quicker and more accurate at discriminating out the targets from one another whether they were “good” targets next to one another, or a target near trash. When I hunted the area with the manticore, I really wasn’t expecting to find many more targets as I’ve flogged the little patch pretty hard.  Also, the noise cancel feature works well. The area I was hunting has overhead power lines, and some transformer boxes scattered around.  After hearing a little chatter, using the noise cancel completely removed it. Also, I let my buddy use my Equinox 800 while I had the manticore out. We were able to detect relatively close to one another (within about 10-20 feet) without any problems. 

1 hour ago, PlacerHunter said:

Yes, some of the coins were deeper than my finds with the 800. More wheat back Pennie’s. My most finds were at a depth that I was going with the 800, but the manticore seemed a lot quicker and more accurate at discriminating out the targets from one another whether they were “good” targets next to one another, or a target near trash. When I hunted the area with the manticore, I really wasn’t expecting to find many more targets as I’ve flogged the little patch pretty hard.  Also, the noise cancel feature works well. The area I was hunting has overhead power lines, and some transformer boxes scattered around.  After hearing a little chatter, using the noise cancel completely removed it. Also, I let my buddy use my Equinox 800 while I had the manticore out. We were able to detect relatively close to one another (within about 10-20 feet) without any problems. 

very good report (and success). can you give us your settings.....ie sensitivity level etc...