New Legend Handbook

JCR

Andy Sabisch has a new book out on The Legend.

I told Santa about it.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, JCR said:

Andy Sabisch has a new book out on The Legend.

I told Santa about it.

$19.95 direct from Andy on ebay....and signed!

• Like 1

Curious as to what kind of detecting you enjoy in Japan.

Any chance you have a Military Post Office address? That may make a difference on shipping.

Since it was just published. I think it would. I know Clive's book does & it has been out for a while.

10 hours ago, JMan said:

I wonder if it covers v1.09?

I have it, and can confirm it covers the v1.09 update.

• Like 2

Are you pleased with the level of detailed information Andy's book contains beyond just the basics?

On 12/1/2022 at 12:31 AM, JCR said:

Curious as to what kind of detecting you enjoy in Japan.

Any chance you have a Military Post Office address? That may make a difference on shipping.

I get some jewelry and a lot of modern coins at parks, but I've had some luck at basically forgotten castle and shrine sites and ancient roads.  My oldest coin so far is from the Muromachi period (1336-1573).  They didn't start putting dates on minted coins until the Meiji period (late 1800s), so there's no way to tell exactly how old it is.  Have a number of musketballs, and at the local park even found a Snyder 3 ringer bullet.  Would have been from the Satsuma Rebellion in 1877 (if you've seen the movie The Last Samurai, it's more or less a Hollywood version of that event).  Turns out there was a small skirmish where the park is now about 300 meters from my house!
I'm not in the military, so I don't have a military PO box.  Would make things easier if I did though...hehehe

PXL_20210112_124108148.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 12:30 PM, JCR said:

Are you pleased with the level of detailed information Andy's book contains beyond just the basics?

Is pretty good and contains a ton of detailed information specific to the Legend. I have his book for the Equinox, as well, and it's pretty clear that he's running off the same template for both books, so there is some redunancy in the more general information. Totally understandable, however. 

• Like 1