Manticore Now Shipping To Dealers!

Swegin

1 minute ago, Northeast said:

I laughed, but bugger!! 

yea, it would have been great if they were compatible but I think this time at least there is a genuine reason they're not.  From memory it was that Dankowski chap that said they'd blow up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, I'm guessing it's a no seeing that if you go to their website and click on accessory coils for the Manticore they're different coils.  I think it's been said because of the 50% extra power to the coil they won't work with Nox coils, something like a nuclear chain reaction starts and your coil explodes with the potential to destroy your entire neighborhood or something, I can't remember the full story but they're not cross compatible.

Not only that but the shaft/coil connection is different.  The Nox has the ears on the coil and the Manticore has the ears on the shaft.  (Advantage Minelab - buy new coils)

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, I'm guessing it's a no seeing that if you go to their website and click on accessory coils for the Manticore they're different coils.  I think it's been said because of the 50% extra power to the coil they won't work with Nox coils, something like a nuclear chain reaction starts and your coil explodes with the potential to destroy your entire neighborhood or something, I can't remember the full story but they're not cross compatible.

No laughing matter phrunt, that is 100% true. But the other issue is if you try to put the Mollycot coil chip into another 3rd party coil, a singularity will be created that will gravitationally attract all comets and asteroids in the solar system to simultaneously converge towards earth.  So ML has this one basically locked down tight.  Kudos to them on their tenacity to make sure compatibility streams are never crossed between detector product lines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

On 12/3/2022 at 10:32 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Kudos to them on their tenacity to make sure compatibility streams are never crossed between detector product lines.

Is this not true for Deus as well ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geordiedan said:

Just had the retailer I'd preordered with on the phone to take payment (UK) - all paid up and should be in my hands in the next few days 🤠

So, your UK dealer has received his shipment of Manticores?  Or they are on the way from the UK distributor?  Do you know how many he received?

43 minutes ago, PSPR said:

So, your UK dealer has received his shipment of Manticores?  Or they are on the way from the UK distributor?  Do you know how many he received?

They're in transit from distributor to the dealer, so they were ringing the folks on their preorder list to take pay with the intention of getting them back out the door the same day they come in.  

I didn't ask how many they were getting but they confirmed I was in the first batch so likely to be one of the first UK customers in the wild to lay hands on one 🙂

• Like 2