Manticore Now Shipping To Dealers!

Swegin

Minelab, if you read this forum, and I suspect someone in management does, it is only 16 days until Christmas and not a Manticore in sight in the U.S.A.!!  The 14 units for the dealers to play with doesn't cut it. 

How about having the CEO fly over here and present us with one or several ocean freight containers full of Manticores so those who have already pre-ordered will have them in time for Christmas?  If you can't do that then don't run full page ads saying they will be here for Christmas.  Time is almost up!

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Chase Goldman said:

I presume they'll still be manufacturing these MontyCore's six months from now, dontcha think? 

They will be coming out with the new CTX 4040 next fall/winter so you'll be able to get in on that waiting game, Chase.  :smile:

700 pre-orders for the USA distributor doesn't seem much, when I know there are 26 at just one of the two dealers in NZ.

I've lost hope of my Manticore before Christmas, first the dealer was all sure they'd have some by yesterday so asked everyone waiting to pay, I paid instantly, now they're saying they have no idea when Minelab will ship some.  So typical of Minelab, they do a fantastic job of disappointing customers, it's lucky generally their products are worth the wait, hassle and grief of warranty returns.  Why do all these flashy release videos and big "events" for a product they can't even supply.  Maybe wait until they can supply product before going all out on marketing.

Sending a few token Manticores to various people to use for advertising purposes making Youtube videos to drum up sales doesn't cut it, in fact it makes the situation worse for those waiting on them. 

• Like 3

I don't know 700 pre-orders sounds like a lot to me. If you haven't pre-ordered by now then it's probably going to take months and months to get one. I kinda doubt when the first big container shipment arrives it will even have all 700 pre-ordered Manticores on it. I have no idea how that stuff works, but with them having to get worldwide pre-orders filled it seems like a stretch to think Minelab can fulfill the 700 U.S. pre-orders in one shipment. With the 700 and 900 roll out happening at the same time that could even slow things up even further. 

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

700 pre-orders for the USA distributor doesn't seem much, when I know there are 26 at just one of the two dealers in NZ.

I've lost hope of my Manticore before Christmas, first the dealer was all sure they'd have some by yesterday so asked everyone waiting to pay, I paid instantly, now they're saying they have no idea when Minelab will ship some.  So typical of Minelab, they do a fantastic job of disappointing customers, it's lucky generally their products are worth the wait, hassle and grief of warranty returns.  Why do all these flashy release videos and big "events" for a product they can't even supply.  Maybe wait until they can supply product before going all out on marketing.

Sending a few token Manticores to various people to use for advertising purposes making Youtube videos to drum up sales doesn't cut it, in fact it makes the situation worse for those waiting on them. 

That's 700 preorders for one of 3 USA Distributors. I think he has about 80 Minelab Dealers. I have 35 on order out of that 700. Some dealers only drop ship, so they may only have a few on order. When the Nox came out, we only got a few in our initial order and it took about 3-4 months after shipping started to receive our full order. We don't require payment up front, but some dealers do. 

I'm surprised that they would release two additional products before they got the Manticores all built. I'd guess it's a marketing decision to get people to hold off buying competing product.

Wayne

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Metal Detecting Stuff said:

That's 700 preorders for one of 3 USA Distributors. I think he has about 80 Minelab Dealers. I have 35 on order out of that 700. 

I'm surprised that they would release two additional products before they got the Manticores all built. I'd guess it's a marketing decision to get people to hold off buying competing product.

Wayne

Wayne, who's the 3rd Distributor as I only know of Teri at Outdoor and Robert at American. I don't count KellycO as they sell direct to customers and Teri/Robert do not. 

Yes I agree the release of 700/900 will cut into Manticore sales. 

Glad you ordered a good amount as you'll be able to make a few bucks unless most your sales are military.  Each new detector my Pre Order list gets more and more Military.  As a Veteran myself I don't mind as they earned it. In the long run I come out ok. Hopefully you do as well. 

Well, it seems one customer was lucky enough to receive one of the 14 Manticores sent to distributors/dealers.  His dealer apparently was honest enough to give it to one of his pre-paid customers instead of keeping it for himself.

319493281_6041633502533792_2463722156446

• Haha 1

That's one of the perks being a dealer you get the first round of detectors distributed. Also gives them a chance to use it and get to know it so they can educate their customers. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, abenson said:

That's one of the perks being a dealer you get the first round of detectors distributed. Also gives them a chance to use it and get to know it so they can educate their customers. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

I think when you have customers who have ALREADY pre-paid for a product, they deserve to be filled as soon as product arrives.  They stand ahead of the retailer in that regard.  That's the policy at every electronics retailer.