Manticore Now Shipping To Dealers!

Swegin

It's certainly not the dealers fault they're getting sent tiny amounts of detectors, the problem is that of a poorly run business that announces a product with great excitement and fantastic expensive animated videos and releases a product they have no stock of.

Part of a dealers job is knowing the product they're selling, if I was a dealer I'd keep the first one for myself too, I wouldn't want to field customers questions with only second hand knowledge about it.  I'm no sales person but if I ever was I'd want to be very educated about the product I sell or I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, I am done with discussing whether dealers should keep the first detector of a miniscule shipment when customers have already paid for it.  It is pointless to repeat what I've already said.  Minelab and their dealers aren't going to be swayed from what they are doing anyway.  Everyone here knows my opinion.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Most dealers don’t use the product enough to know getting around the menu,  they just sell.  A handful of knowledgeable and known dealers go above and beyond to get one and start putting hours on it. We post our thoughts and views on sites like Detector Prospector for others to read/study and decide if they want to get one. 

You wouldn't be so callous as to say Gerry's Detectors pulled one over his customer would you?  I mean who else are you referring?  I'll give you a free pass my friend this go around as you're still new to DP.

My Cancun trip was scheduled 6 months ago before mentioning of Manticore.  It was not until 3 weeks ago that I thought maybe I could find one outside of the US.  That's exactly what I did and DHL Express came through as hoped.  So you're assumption was incorrect.

Again I ask that you make posts about your likes/dislike on DP and share useful knowledge of your Manticore experience. Some folks just like to mainly post negative comments....but we all know that's not you.

Why would I go to all this trouble trying to get a Manticore and taking fun, relaxing trips to warm beautiful beaches in other countries? Just typical business expense and expectations from many of my loyal customers. 

BTY.  Dr. T in Reno NV was shipped the 1st Manticore I was promised. 

Merry Christmas

When the much awaited GPX6000 was released, it was the same situation as the Manticore is now. Very limited quantities and dealers only received a few from the first shipment.

Gerry called me and said he only received 3 detectors (2 or 3 if I remember correctly) and rather than keep one for himself he was offering one to me since I was one of the first to pre-order from him. He was even offering it up to me over his training staff. Since I was not able to immediately use it, I declined his offer and wait for the next batch to arrive. He had a pre-scheduled training in Rye Patch the following weekend and I am sure he would have loved to use it there, but instead offered it to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No worries PSPR, it's all good.  I get a little chapped when being accused when you don't know me or how I do business. 

At least we have a place such as DP to chat,  discuss and view our opinions.  We know eventually all will be good for those who are patient including myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UT Dave said:

Gerry, that picture on the beach kinda hurts my snow covered feelers right now...

- Dave

Dave, I have Galveston and the Gulf shore a few hours south of here but I haven't gone down there since we moved to Texas (about 15 years).  I've heard the water isn't that nice since the Mississippi drains into the Gulf then currents send the muddy water west.  Still, I probably need to schedule a few days to go down there with my non-existent Manticore. :mellow:  Since there are still two weeks 'til Christmas, I guess there is still time for Minelab to get it to me and other Americans in their advertised time-frame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Still, I probably need to schedule a few days to go down there with my non-existent Manticore. :mellow:  Since there are still two weeks 'til Christmas, I guess there is still time for Minelab to get it to me in their advertised time-frame.

Did some detecting on south padre/harlingen area  in the early 80's.  And my only time salt water fishing, loved it.  It's a 12 hour drive from iceville station "home".  You should grab a detector and go, there is a youtube on legal beaches from around Galveston to the south. i watched a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1