Manticore Now Shipping To Dealers!

Swegin

3 minutes ago, dsb said:

You should grab a detector and go, there is a youtube on legal beaches from around Galveston to the south. i watched a couple weeks ago.

I'll have to look up that video and see where the legal (to detect) beaches are.  I think Padre Island is off limits now but I'm not sure.

29 minutes ago, dsb said:

here it is, nice guy!  

Great!  Thanks, dsb.  I'll take a look at that this afternoon. 

There is a new video on the unboxing, assembly and more on the Manticore.  this guy goes into great detail that some might want to watch and pick up on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PSPR said:

Dave, I have Galveston and the Gulf shore a few hours south of here but I haven't gone down there since we moved to Texas (about 15 years).  I've heard the water isn't that nice since the Mississippi drains into the Gulf then currents send the muddy water west.  Still, I probably need to schedule a few days to go down there with my non-existent Manticore. :mellow:  Since there are still two weeks 'til Christmas, I guess there is still time for Minelab to get it to me and other Americans in their advertised time-frame.

There's plenty of ghost towns, and park turf too for that matter, I guess, south of me.  It's a long drive.  But I was going to be hitting it in a few weeks anyway.  If my Manticore is here by then, yippee!  But I'm sort of planning on it not being.

I went into this expecting Feb. or Mar.  And there's nothing I can do about it anyway.  So I haven't worried about it much.

I get your frustration though.  I think you had different expectations that me.  And not without reason - going by what Minelab has been spewing.  My expectations were set by the same spewing, I just wasn't buying any of it, and Gerry has been super upfront about setting realistic expectations for my order too.

Agree with everyone who has basically said Minelab excels at public maneuvering to frustrate and disappoint customers on new releases.  They really do suck at it.  Marketing is marketing and it's required, but it can be done more effectively and in ways that don't set folks up to be ticked off.  If I was King of Minelab, I'd get all new marketing folks lol!

- Dave

• Like 2

Dave, I hope the Manticores are on this ship that docked Friday.  It looks like there are 23 pallets of new detectors from Malaysia so I am hoping those aren't all Nox 900s.  I know Gerry is expecting some of those real soon.  Maybe we'll get our Manticores next week and I'll have to send Minelab an apology!  :ohmy:

But, enjoy your trip.  I'm pretty sure you will have your Manticore before you leave.

• Like 1

After all, just because you own a set of Tiger Wood's golf clubs or LeBron James' shoes doesn't mean you can play like them."

That is a thought, maybe Tiger should take up metal detecting and make videos. No doubt in my mind he could sell a ton of them. The guy is a pure marketing machine and for good reasons.

41 minutes ago, maxxkatt said:

After all, just because you own a set of Tiger Wood's golf clubs or LeBron James' shoes doesn't mean you can play like them."

That is a thought, maybe Tiger should take up metal detecting and make videos. No doubt in my mind he could sell a ton of them. The guy is a pure marketing machine and for good reasons.

If the clubs or shoes actually fit and one has some talent, maybe………….

I’m a golf lefty and I played basketball like it was really American football and I don’t have size 14+ feet, so bad analogies in my case. 

Like some continue to allude to on this forum …….. if you can’t be successful with an Equinox, Deus 2, Legend or the upcoming Manticore you might need to brush up on those metal detecting skills/ knowledge and learn those detectors patiently. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 3:02 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Wayne, who's the 3rd Distributor as I only know of Teri at Outdoor and Robert at American. I don't count KellycO as they sell direct to customers and Teri/Robert do not. 

Yes I agree the release of 700/900 will cut into Manticore sales. 

Glad you ordered a good amount as you'll be able to make a few bucks unless most your sales are military.  Each new detector my Pre Order list gets more and more Military.  As a Veteran myself I don't mind as they earned it. In the long run I come out ok. Hopefully you do as well. 

Gerry, Teri and RoBert are the only dealer distributors other than Minelab direct and KellyCo that I know of. I was eluding to KellyCo getting some too. Of Course Minelab Direct also sells to the big box retailers like Cabelas. Glad you got some early ones, we are still waiting.
We do a lot of military also. Like you probably experience, some have already used their annual discount and we still work with them in honor of their service.

Good to see you enjoying your Manticore at the beach!

Wayne

• Like 1