Is anyone here a member of the AMRA? If so, do you think it is worth the price of joining? 

I am a member and believe AMRA is a good club to support. Not only is AMRA representing our community in legal issues and holding fun outings,  but their gold claims have been very good to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randy Lunn said:

I am a member and believe AMRA is a good club to support. Not only is AMRA representing our community in legal issues and holding fun outings,  but their gold claims have been very good to me. 

One of my partners has a phone meeting scheduled with Shannon tonight concerning our problems with the water board. Then our lawyer.

• Like 2

There is already law in California regarding placer mining with surface water.

No placer mining operator shall mine by the placer process on any stream or on the watershed of any stream tributary directly or indirectly to the Sacramento River or the San Joaquin River without taking both of the following precautions to prevent pollution of the stream by the effluent from his or her operations:

(a) Constructing a settling pond or ponds of sufficient size to permit the clarification of water used in the mining processes before the water is discharged into the stream.

(b) Mixing with the effluent from mining operations aluminum sulphate and lime, or an equivalent clarifying substance which will cause the solid material in the effluent to coagulate and thus avoid rendering the water in the stream unfit for domestic water supply purposes.

There is quite a bit more on the well described procedure for placer mining, including how to give proper notice.

https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2021/code-prc/division-3-5/chapter-3/

To my mind it would be best to follow the law before approaching any agency for their opinion. Sometimes it's better to have all your ducks in a row before arguing what a duck is.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, deathray said:

I was a member since it's inception. Haven't been for awhile, but that has nothing to do with Shannon or the group. Yes, it's worth it. Only $200, unless that has changed?

Still the same.

• Like 1

One of my partners had a good phone conversation with Shannon from AMRA. Got some good advice. In the meantime, I am happy to say we got two of our plans approved. These are for locations in gold bearing ground over 100 yds from the water source but the waterboard did approve the use of two creeks and a pond for water use.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While I appreciate any organization that supports Mining Rights, I put my money ($50) into Public Lands for the People.  They've been legally dredging in California for two years under the designation of Stream Reclamation.  We are currently working on bringing it to Oregon.  I am one of the Plaintiffs in the Bohmker vs State of Oregon case.  Suing the Government does not work!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1