Black Widow Headphones The Loudest?

I have some hearing loss and want to get another headphone that's louder. I don't have a problem with most of my detectors but I have 2 detector that are very soft hits on deep targets.

What about a rechargeable amplifier?

Saw this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Headphone-Amplifier-Rechargeble-Computers/dp/B01MS22YWV/ref=sr_1_12?crid=31CN8GPHKQUN4&keywords=headphone%2Bamplifier%2Bportable&qid=1669778792&sprefix=headphone%2Bamplif%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-12&th=1

Might be some 1/4" jack versions out there or use an adapter. Some have equilizers so you could tweak the audio to fit your hearing loss.

Has anyone tried one? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I have some hearing loss and want to get another headphone that's louder. I don't have a problem with most of my detectors but I have 2 detector that are very soft hits on deep targets.

The Black Widows are my favorite for keeping out ambient outside noise. 

Are they louder???  As you know headphones are limited to audio output of the device. 
The "NEW" Black Widows are not like the old ones. When I returned an old pair for repair to Detector Pro, they replaced them with a brand-new pair. All good right?  NOT SO, it was clear that the new pair were nowhere as good as my other original pair. The speaker quality is junk in the new ones. 
Fast forward> I had Tony E wire my black widows for the Deus 2 so it could be used in the diving mode, which is VERY loud.
Tony stated he knew of the newer speakers and offered to change mine back to original Audio Sears, for FREE!  Boy, I jumped all over that. 
If you wanted to try a pair Rick, I would recommend the older ones with Audio Sears.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, kac said:

What about a rechargeable amplifier?

Saw this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Headphone-Amplifier-Rechargeble-Computers/dp/B01MS22YWV/ref=sr_1_12?crid=31CN8GPHKQUN4&keywords=headphone%2Bamplifier%2Bportable&qid=1669778792&sprefix=headphone%2Bamplif%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-12&th=1

Might be some 1/4" jack versions out there or use an adapter. Some have equilizers so you could tweak the audio to fit your hearing loss.

Has anyone tried one? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

I've used Doc's treasure screamer for years, really allow the faints to poke thru the threshold. Can't remember the part number but I used a resistor to cut the top off of the shallow targets audio if they were blasting. And this was using the audiosears 2463's like most of the head phone companies use to use. 

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Boosting volume across the board to hear faint signals better can contribute to more hearing loss, if the loud targets are now too loud. Headphones with a volume limiter or a separate booster with the same feature can help prevent that.

My (HP) skullies tubes on the AQ scream when on shallows so I added a audio cut off on the handle. They are excellent for pulling up the faints. 

DSC_8732.png

OBN000.jpg

OBN0003.jpg

• Like 3