Advantages Of Axiom Over ATX

Courage9027

I currently own a CTX 3030 which I primarily use for coins. I also have an ATX which I use primarily for relics (dig everything) and some trips to the beach. I love the 3030 for what I do with it. I like the ATX except it makes me really fatigued quickly even with a harness. So those of you that have experience with the Axiom and the ATX, could you please give some discussion on the similarities and differences between the two other than the obvious weight differential? Thanks.

• Like 1

The Axiom is basically a more powerful ATX with more user control over that power, in a lighter, but not submersible package. The accessory coils are half the price, and there are more of them. For anyone not wanting to get in the water it is a significant upgrade from the ATX.

For water use, the current Axiom coils are too buoyant ever for wading, so the ATX is better suited for anything to do with being in the water. That may change if we get some neutral buoyancy wading coils for the Axiom, but for now, that's the way it is.

steve-herschbach-garrett-axiom-balance.jpg

• Like 4

There is an ATX audio mode that is identical to the ATX, and a new VCO mode, more similar to what Minelab users are used to. The iron disc sound is improved from the ATX, a more positive grunt than before.

More videos here https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/19438-axiom-instructional-video-training-series/

• Like 2

me who is waiting for an upgrade of the atx! here it is and IT IS NOT SUBMERSIBLE what a disappointment .....

atx is it still the best choice for volcanic islands, black sand, 3 meters submersible?

maybe a future waterproof case will land there? Steve any info?

I know you preferred the gpx 6000 to the gpz just for its weight gain, now what? between the gpx 6000 and the axiom? of course I do not compare the machines, but just on the feeling.

5 hours ago, TEOFRITE said:

me who is waiting for an upgrade of the atx! here it is and IT IS NOT SUBMERSIBLE what a disappointment .....

atx is it still the best choice for volcanic islands, black sand, 3 meters submersible?

maybe a future waterproof case will land there? Steve any info?

I know you preferred the gpx 6000 to the gpz just for its weight gain, now what? between the gpx 6000 and the axiom? of course I do not compare the machines, but just on the feeling.

The Axiom is not a replacement for the ATX, which is still in production. This is a new dry land gold prospecting detector. An ATX upgrade or replacement may happen someday, but nothing soon that I know about.

The Axiom weighs slightly less than the GPX 6000. Both balance perfectly with their 11" mono coils, and both are nose heavy with larger coils. They both have a grip that is comfortable to me.  I have tried to decide which feels better on my arm, and it is so close I cannot really say one is better than the other in that regard. Job well done by both companies.

• Like 3

ok, sorry for asking this question without seeing the many answers you have already given.

I would like to know which are the best detectors for my use (1: on black sand 2: immersible at 3 meters 3: volcanic islands on earth) the most versatile and the most comfortable on maximum mineralization

I know few of them can compete with the atx (a top 3 that brings together all MY requirements)

it's a very personalized answer and off topic, but we stayed on the atx (I repeat myself but it's to know if a new machine has dethroned the atx, for me)

very nice work in any case for axiom and your beautiful videos lol

thank you very much