13” Coil

Carolina

Copy that! I got the CF lower when I got my D2 even though the 9" coil didn't need it. It sure tightened everything up and it's rock solid now, so I don't expect any flex with the 13" on it.

That CF lower shaft should be supplied by XP with every 11" and 13" coil IMHO!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Copy that! I got the CF lower when I got my D2 even though the 9" coil didn't need it. It sure tightened everything up and it's rock solid now, so I don't expect any flex with the 13" on it.

I don't think XP makes any CF accessories or products, unfortunately.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:26 PM, F350Platinum said:

Well that's what I'm thinking, I go to beaches a few times a year, and have two within an hour of me. Got gold at the smallest in the spring. May expand my area to two hours away, but better to go with someone.

I'm headed to some pretty big beach spots next year. I was considering a large coil for my Equinox, but because this is only a few ounces heavier than the 11" I think it's the best alternative albeit pricey.

Around here it probably won't give me any advantage at all. 

If they come out with a 10x5, I'm in tho!

Don’t waste your time coming to Virginia Beach, it’s hunted out 🤣

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Don’t waste your time coming to Virginia Beach, it’s hunted out 🤣

Got bigger plans, my friend 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thanks for making me spend more money on my addiction!   Just ordered one of those shafts.  If I’m remembering correctly isn’t there a spacer needed where the coil attaches?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Thanks for making me spend more money on my addiction!   Just ordered one of those shafts.  If I’m remembering correctly isn’t there a spacer needed where the coil attaches?

Yep, see this thread:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/20113-bushing-for-carbon-fiber-lower-shaft-on-deus-ii/#comment-215702

You're going to have to sand or grind the sides of the attachment end (yoke) to make a good fit, and allow the bolt through.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, Chase Goldman said:

I don't think XP makes any CF accessories or products, unfortunately.

I know, but since the Simplex CF lower shaft (which was probably made in China) fits in the D2's upper shaft, how hard would it be for XP to access some of those CF tubes from China and put their own coil mount ends on it? Just a thought.