Does anyone else have an issue with their F Pulse pin pointer not being able to hear it at the loudest setting also the vibration mode is very weak on it so I was just curious if this is common with the F Pulse

47 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Does anyone else have an issue with their F Pulse pin pointer not being able to hear it at the loudest setting also the vibration mode is very weak on it so I was just curious if this is common with the F Pulse

I have owned the TekPoint for ever seems like( same pointer ) without any issues at all. Check the obvious, battery and scroll thru the settings. Good luck.

• Like 1

My F-Pulse doesn't have any volume adjustment although sometimes I wish it did. Mine is plenty loud enough to hear while wearing headphones and can be heard over 100 feet away without headphones in quiet conditions. I can feel the vibration through thick gloves pretty well.

• Like 1

You could try factory reset it and see if that helps

1. From OFF state, press/hold the button; there is an immediate single audio chirp.
2. After ½ second, the state of the LED toggles (off-to-on or on-to-off).
3. As soon as the LED flashes immediately release the button, then quick-press the button N times in a row. Each press will be indicated by a short beep. The number of presses “N” determines the feature selected, described below. Further steps are also listed.
N=2: Restore Factory Defaults
This procedure restores all settings to factory defaults: Response = Beep+Vibe Sensitivity = 2 Frequency offset = 1 LED = On, 70% TurboOn/TurboOff disabled
4. After ½ second the LED will begin weirdly flashing, indicating success.
5. Quick-press the button to operate, or press/hold to power down.

N=6 Calibration & Master Reset

This procedure recalibrates the internal DAC which primarily affects turn-on speed. It also executes a factory reset on all settings.
CRITICAL: Keep the PP away from any metal during the cal procedure (including watch/rings on hand).
4. Calibration can take up to 10 seconds; when done, unit will beep 2-3 times.
5. The LED will begin weirdly flashing, indicating success.
6. Press/hold to power down.

Other than that, we are fortunate to have @Geotech on the forum, the father of the F-Pulse so he may have an idea if its needing warranty or not, if its still under warranty that is.

Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer PP_OperationR2 Advanced Manual.pdf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

You could try factory reset it and see if that helps

1. From OFF state, press/hold the button; there is an immediate single audio chirp.
2. After ½ second, the state of the LED toggles (off-to-on or on-to-off).
3. As soon as the LED flashes immediately release the button, then quick-press the button N times in a row. Each press will be indicated by a short beep. The number of presses “N” determines the feature selected, described below. Further steps are also listed.
N=2: Restore Factory Defaults
This procedure restores all settings to factory defaults: Response = Beep+Vibe Sensitivity = 2 Frequency offset = 1 LED = On, 70% TurboOn/TurboOff disabled
4. After ½ second the LED will begin weirdly flashing, indicating success.
5. Quick-press the button to operate, or press/hold to power down.

N=6 Calibration & Master Reset

This procedure recalibrates the internal DAC which primarily affects turn-on speed. It also executes a factory reset on all settings.
CRITICAL: Keep the PP away from any metal during the cal procedure (including watch/rings on hand).
4. Calibration can take up to 10 seconds; when done, unit will beep 2-3 times.
5. The LED will begin weirdly flashing, indicating success.
6. Press/hold to power down.

Other than that, we are fortunate to have @Geotech on the forum, the father of the F-Pulse so he may have an idea if its needing warranty or not, if its still under warranty that is.

Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer PP_OperationR2 Advanced Manual.pdf 514.69 kB · 0 downloads

just did what you said and it seem to be louder now also vibration seems stronger

thank you phrunt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

My F-Pulse doesn't have any volume adjustment although sometimes I wish it did. Mine is plenty loud enough to hear while wearing headphones and can be heard over 100 feet away without headphones in quiet conditions. I can feel the vibration through thick gloves pretty well.

I thought all the F pulse pin pointers have three different volume setting

thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

I have owned the TekPoint for ever seems like( same pointer ) without any issues at all. Check the obvious, battery and scroll thru the settings. Good luck.

batteries were checked got it fixed per phrunt's reply

thanks for the reply

4 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I thought all the F pulse pin pointers have three different volume setting

thanks for the reply

Looking through the manual (assuming there is only one), there is no mention of volume adjustment.  http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/MPPFXP-FPulse.pdf

High Sensitivity may appear to sound louder but that's only because the signal is more intense.

• Like 1

F-Pulse has no volume control, it always runs at max volume. If there was anything I could do to make it louder I would but it is limited by the mechanical enclosure. Same with the vibe strength.

I am utterly shocked that a factory reset would have any effect whatsoever on volume or vibe strength. No idea how that could be but if it worked, then good!

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Geotech said:

F-Pulse has no volume control, it always runs at max volume. If there was anything I could do to make it louder I would but it is limited by the mechanical enclosure. Same with the vibe strength.

I am utterly shocked that a factory reset would have any effect whatsoever on volume or vibe strength. No idea how that could be but if it worked, then good!

Sorry I did not know that Geotech thanks for the info, I would have swore in the little pamphlet it said there was three levels of vibration and volume now I am scratching my head

well either I am imagining it but it did seem to get louder and the vibrate stronger