On 12/2/2022 at 3:23 AM, Geotech said:

There are 3 modes:

• Vibe only
  • Beep only
  • Beep+Vibe

For each mode, there are 3 sensitivity settings.

I have a Tek-Point (same machine as F Puse, I know), and lately it has started acting weird.  It will sometimes advance through 2 or even 3 steps of alarm/sensitivity with only one button push.  For example, i want to go from beep 2 to beep 3, but even though I only push the button 1 time, it advances 3 steps!  Other times, when I hold the button to change alarm/sensitivity, it just vibrates nonstop (no beeping) and won't do anything until I release the button (at which time it turns off).  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I absolutely LOVE my Tek Point.  Bought it as soon as it was released.

It's not low batteries, as I've changed them out to no effect.

2 hours ago, CTidwell said:

I have a Tek-Point (same machine as F Puse, I know), and lately it has started acting weird.  It will sometimes advance through 2 or even 3 steps of alarm/sensitivity with only one button push.  For example, i want to go from beep 2 to beep 3, but even though I only push the button 1 time, it advances 3 steps!  Other times, when I hold the button to change alarm/sensitivity, it just vibrates nonstop (no beeping) and won't do anything until I release the button (at which time it turns off).  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I absolutely LOVE my Tek Point.  Bought it as soon as it was released.

I had similar issues crop up with a White's TRX -- the switch wore out.  (I've also had this kind of problem with the push-button switches on the Fisher Gold Bug Pro.)  I can't say that's what you're experiencing, but it sounds similar.

You didn't say if your Tek-Point is still under warranty, and further I don't know how easily it is to get it repaired since you are in Japan.  If the warranty is still applicable it will get fixed at no repair cost, but who pays the shipping and if it's you, how much, etc.?

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I had similar issues crop up with a White's TRX -- the switch wore out.  (I've also had this kind of problem with the push-button switches on the Fisher Gold Bug Pro.)  I can't say that's what you're experiencing, but it sounds similar.

You didn't say if your Tek-Point is still under warranty, and further I don't know how easily it is to get it repaired since you are in Japan.  If the warranty is still applicable it will get fixed at no repair cost, but who pays the shipping and if it's you, how much, etc.?

I've had it for a long time.  The first batch to be released (early 2018 if I remember correctly).  So unfortunately it's long out of warranty. Shipping would be pretty bad.  That is the main reason I've decided to purchase a new detector to replace my Eurotek Pro.  Membrane buttons on it don't work (it's even more out of warranty than my Tek-Point...hahaha)

On 12/4/2022 at 6:48 AM, CTidwell said:

Interesting. My early model F-Pulse also started acting up. I fiddled with it for a while, changed batteries, but eventually just grabbed a Carrot I had instead. I need to check it out again. Kind of the same boat, out of warranty, and not worth the hassle anyway since I have other oinpiunters. But it was my “first grab” choice so now that it’s winter I should see it it works, or just needs to get tossed.

Wasn’t there an issue with the switch failing on the early F-Pulse units? I believe I remember reading that in the past somewhere on the forum. I owned one when they were first released but sold it and recently purchased the latest “New & Improved” version. The new version seems to be more stable and just as deep as the original… I really like it!

Also, I find that the F-Pulse runs best on Energizer lithium batteries or USB rechargeable Li-ion cells that maintain full voltage throughout their discharge cycle.

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Interesting. My early model F-Pulse also started acting up. I fiddled with it for a while, changed batteries, but eventually just grabbed a Carrot I had instead. I need to check it out again. Kind of the same boat, out of warranty, and not worth the hassle anyway since I have other oinpiunters. But it was my “first grab” choice so now that it’s winter I should see it it works, or just needs to get tossed.

I remember seeing somewhere (on this site??) something about early models having an issue with the spring in the end cap being set too deep, causing poor connection with the battery and making it act wonky.  They said they shimmied it with some aluminum foil under the spring to raise it up a bit and that seemed to solve the issue... Maybe I'll give that a try.