Older Park Gives Up The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

• The title was changed to Older Park Gives Up The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Interesting digs for sure.

• Like 1

Man I was glad I got to hunt the old D.C. and Baltimore Parks before all the trash. Good work.

• Like 2

That assortment of finds would get me to go back.  There HAS to be some silver coins and wheat cents still there if the park has the proper age.  I find clad is a good indicator of activity and gives you some small incentives to keep digging while looking for the older coins or jewelry.  Keep at it!

• Like 3

96379270_images(14).jpeg.4458a84378c5df1bb5042df3efc035e4.jpeg

“You see, in this world, there are two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood

Couldn't resist. Great hunt Cap'n, looks like you got a "Fistful of Dollars" there too 🤣

Sorry it was a plated gold ring. Here's hoping you find a solid one soon! 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Great hunt for sure, but I am surprised that the NOX didn't find any of those items.

I had a silver problem just once with my 800 and did a factory rest, then balanced it out, put my new settings in and then every silver it went over it hit hard.

I hope that you try the reset before going there again on the NOX.

Good luck on your next trip.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt for sure, but I am surprised that the NOX didn't find any of those items.

I had a silver problem just once with my 800 and did a factory rest, then balanced it out, put my new settings in and then every silver it went over it hit hard.

I hope that you try the reset before going there again on the NOX.

Good luck on your next trip.

The Nox has always done well in that park finding more modern items including silver jewelry (no silver coins there so far), but I never tried to go deep there because of all the trash. Now that I've cleared alot of the subsurface trash, I thought I try to see how deep the D2 would go and see if I could get to the silver layer. There's still alot of trash in the ground, so maybe I just need to clear the deeper trash more. I think the Nox and the D2 will both hit the deep silver if it is still there.

• Like 2

That’s a lot of holes.  Nice finds.

• Like 1

Slap your Nox into 4kHz in Field 2 if you can with the EMI and hopefully get your sensitivity over 20 and dig those nice silver sounds.  Can't rely on Target ID's like in multi-IQ so much as they change but the deep silvers appear to like those settings, at least in my soil.  That's my Nox silver slayer settings 🙂

Probably not good at all in trashy areas though, I'm lucky there that I have little trash to deal with.

• Like 2