Equinox 900 New Release Info

Dan(NM)

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Multi-IQ+ is all about Target Trace, no need to mention that on the Nox series as it's a feature it doesn't have.  It's all just marketing names.

Well, I think the difference between Multi-IQ and Multi-IQ+ is more than just the (marketing) name and Target Trace.  I don't know if ML will confirm/deny that in so many words or just leave us hanging, though.  They appear to go by the old principle "you'll find out on a need-to-know basis" and for a lot of things it seems they don't think we need to know.

• Like 2

I'm guessing the 900 would be $500 less than the Manticore and the 700 will be $300 less than that. 

When will they be ready to ship though?   April/May?

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The thing that will suck is if the Manticore is worse than the Nox for small gold, then I'll have to get a Manticore and a 900.

Yes Simon was thinking the same, choices, choices and more choices.lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well, I think the difference between Multi-IQ and Multi-IQ+ is more than just the (marketing) name and Target Trace.  I don't know if ML will confirm/deny that in so many words or just leave us hanging, though.  They appear to go by the old principle "you'll find out on a need-to-know basis" and for a lot of things it seems they don't think we need to know.

Well, they said the Nox 700 and 900 have improved target separation along with more depth.... including beach mode has improved quite significantly by the sounds of it.  Sounds a lot like Multi-IQ + doesn't it?

• Like 1

Have noted the user manual for the 900 appears to have an error regarding sensitivity as it states in places 0 - 25  it should be 0 - 28 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Well, they said the Nox 700 and 900 have improved target separation along with more depth.... including beach mode has improved quite significantly by the sounds of it.  Sounds a lot like Multi-IQ + doesn't it?

I looked at the 900 and 700 specs.  They say it is Multi-IQ,  not Multi-IQ+.     go figure. 

Yep, that + is a selling point, they want to reserve that for the higher priced Manticore.  It's also the one with Target trace which is a big advantage of the +.

I'm not surprised the manual has mistakes related to the older Equinox, there would have been a lot of copying and pasting going on with the new manual from the old.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

So the Legend copied the Nox and improved upon it, then the Nox copied the Legend

Perfectly sums it up lol

• Like 2