Equinox 900 New Release Info

Dan(NM)

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, they said the Nox 700 and 900 have improved target separation along with more depth.... including beach mode has improved quite significantly by the sounds of it.  Sounds a lot like Multi-IQ + doesn't it?

will be interesting to see how fast the noise cancel is, sounds like a faster (+ more powerful) processor to me....which will veto any possible software update for the current models...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, I myself have bought too many detectors that I don't need and will either never use or only use as I feel bad they're stuck in the cupboard wasting away lonely.  I spent 9 grand on a GPX 6000 that I don't even really need and don't overly like, I was even told before buying it I'm wasting my money.    Metal detecting has taken up so much of my time.  I don't have enough time left to do the most important things in life or even get any jobs done around the house so it's with great sadness that I'm going to have to sell some stuff so I have more time.

If anyone wants to buy a lawn mower, a dish washer, various garden tools including a hedge trimmer, a vacuum cleaner, various cleaning chemicals and soaps which I'll bundle together as a package and other home-wares like a Microwave and various cooking appliances, you name it I'm selling it please contact me as I need to make some space for these new detectors.

with free shipping?

Just caught this topic, very exciting!    Battery life might tell if it's multi plus or not.  to tired to go into his tonight but Steve was right on with the EQ scoop.   They had to up grade the nox and using the same pod was in the works since the manticore was thought of.  Or the manticore was a boosted EQ 900 after it evolved,  regroup/revamp.  All good for sure how ever it played out.  Great upgraded line up for Minelab!

• Like 2

After looking at the Minelab website, it looks like the 700 and 900 are 'ready to go'.  What I mean by that is when Equinox was announced, it took a long time before modes were finalized, beta testing complete, software completed, and the corresponding manuals and spec's finalized and put up on the website and available for download.

Equinox 700 and 900 are already squared away. Modes are completed, manuals written, websites updated, spec's listed. Are we looking at 2 detectors ready to start shipping asap? Did Minelab distract us with the Manticore while pulling these two rabbits out of the hat?  There is typically a corporate discount on legacy items in inventory as new product comes up online.  Clean out the old and make way for the new.  And here I thought this seasonal discount was simply minimizing damage caused by Nokta's Legend and XP's D2 until the Manticore could be made ready to go. I should have recognized this without the hint.

Perhaps the bleeding from the Legend and D2 was worse than realized - Regardless, well done by Minelab. 

• Like 2

There is a reason in Australia you buy a GPX 6000 or GPZ 7000 and get a free Equinox, they're getting rid of old inventory.  The same as in the USA with the Gold Monster gift with a GPX 6000, it looks like a replacement GM is coming in the next 12 months 🙂 All good news if you ask me.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, UtahRich said:

After looking at the Minelab website, it looks like the 700 and 900 are 'ready to go'.  What I mean by that is when Equinox was announced, it took a long time before modes were finalized, beta testing complete, software completed, and the corresponding manuals and spec's finalized and put up on the website and available for download.

Equinox 700 and 900 are already squared away. Modes are completed, manuals written, websites updated, spec's listed. Are we looking at 2 detectors ready to start shipping asap? Did Minelab distract us with the Manticore while pulling these two rabbits out of the hat?  There is typically a corporate discount on legacy items in inventory as new product comes up online.  Clean out the old and make way for the new.  And here I thought this seasonal discount was simply minimizing damage caused by Nokta's Legend and XP's D2 until the Manticore could be made ready to go. I should have recognized this without the hint.

Perhaps the bleeding from the Legend and D2 was worse than realized - Regardless, well done by Minelab. 

I dont think Minelab is bleeding too bad, as a result of the legend.

Minelab is years ahead of the game.

The real question in my opinion, is how bad is Nokta bleeding?

10 hours ago, Melano87 said:

0B1CC2EE-CCB3-4050-B018-C1CB2EBE536E.jpeg

Which one of these detectors will find a penny at 4"?  Which one of these detectors will find a silver dime at 8"?  Which one of these detectors will find a beach slope (once wet from the tide) quarter at 10"?  Which one of these detectors will find an 9g gold wedding band at 9"?

What do you want to find?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoinShooter1 said:

The real question in my opinion, is how bad is Nokta bleeding?

Nokta may 'bleed' very bad next year if the Minelab lawsuit against them bears fruit. I haven't searched the whole gamut of legal-eze on the suit, but if its directly attributable to the SMF patents, then the Legend will vanish along with a lot of their $$.

Argghh .. that user shortcut button is still placed on the most useless place..  they should have been swapping it with the frequency button.. who needs the frequency button next to pinpoint, anyway?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Argghh .. that user shortcut button is still placed on the most useless place..  they should have been swapping it with the frequency button.. who needs the frequency button next to pinpoint, anyway?!

I don't think I'd want the on/off button there either. I have enough problem accidentally shutting off the machine already!