Equinox 900 New Release Info

Dan(NM)

Note the Equinox 900 comes with the 11" and 6" coils to match the Legend.  Of course it does 🙂

They're also not going to discontinue the 600 and 800 although their recent giveaways with other detectors shows they know they won't sell very well.

They also didn't bring up the fact they've upgraded the ears on them, they said the 11" coil will look different to the original Equinox coil but they're interchangeable.   I guess you don't want to point out an existing product in your lineup has terrible ears on it that may break if you're going to keep selling it for now, until stock runs out at least.

1648155961_Equinox900coils-standard-scale-4_00x-gigapixel.thumb.jpg.2727199e07a6210c6dd7278c09882980.jpg

They've also had the detector IP68 certified this time like the Manticore to show it won't leak like a sieve.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Better than I thought actually. I expected old guts in new hardware, but they actually upgraded the guts also. Expanded target range is my main like, may have to have one of these. Or a Manticore, but the ability to use my existing coils makes this attrative.

I guess they had to upgrade the guts to at least be comparable to the Legend with the full target ID range, flash light, vibrating handle etc etc sound familiar? 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Interesting that on the Minelab website spec's, it shows KEY TECHNOLOGIES as Multi-IQ.   No Multi-IQ+ here.  But it looks well thought out and packaged. 

Good for the upgraded control pod and rod. Hope the coil ears have been 'fortified'.  Somebody has a picture of a slightly redesigned 11" coil.  Coils remain the same size.  I'm going to be moving to the Manticore for the additional features, but this is a very nice answer to the Legend and D2. 

Website has a manual and everything.  No Manual as of a few minutes ago for the Manticore. . . ?

yea, the coil ears have changed.

The 900 package also includes the 11" and 6" coils... I wonder why? 🙂

Multi-IQ+ is all about Target Trace, no need to mention that on the Nox series as it's a feature it doesn't have.  It's all just marketing names.

I'm sure existing 800's will be replaced with existing 800's and their 11" coils when snapped will be replaced with existing 11" coils until stocks run out.  I can't imagine they'll keep selling the 600 and 800 for much longer, until inventory levels run out it will remain for sale but good luck selling it unless the price drops to Legend levels and even then...... more bang for your buck comes to mind.

Here is a link to the video release for those that don't have Facebook, I'm sure the guy will get a takedown notice for doing it as I've had one before for putting a Minelab video on youtube.

• Like 1

Australian Pricing:

Equinox 700 = $1199

Equinox 900 = $1699

UK Prices:

Equinox 700 = £799.00

Equinox 900 = £1099.00

• Like 1

They're increased the price of the 900 over the Nox 800 as it includes the 6" coil so on paper it looks more like the Legend Pro Pack, except for the price 🙂

The thing that will suck is if the Manticore is worse than the Nox for small gold, then I'll have to get a Manticore and a 900.

• Like 1