Equinox 900 New Release Info

Dan(NM)

Oh man, interesting times in the metal detecting world! Have to say, I'm fascinated by all the developments.

That said, oh did I ever enter the hobby for serious at the wrong time. I purchased an 800 early this summer, got hooked (having played around with an Ace 400 for a few years prior), and then added a Legend in early fall to play comparison. So, both in the pre-discounting timeline ☹️. Ah well, it's still been fun. While curious about the new models, I don't see myself upgrading to the 900...and the Manticore, D2, etc. are outside my bracket, both in terms of $ and experience.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, glacialgold said:

Oh man, interesting times in the metal detecting world! Have to say, I'm fascinated by all the developments.

That said, oh did I ever enter the hobby for serious at the wrong time. I purchased an 800 early this summer, got hooked (having played around with an Ace 400 prior), and then added a Legend in early fall to play comparison. So, both in the pre-discounting timeline ☹️. Ah well, it's still been fun. While curious about the new models, I don't see myself upgrading to the 900...and the Manticore, D2, etc. is outside my bracket, both in terms of $ and experience.

No worries, you'll find that they all find metal rather well. 🤔 Once you get used to the nuances of any detector, you'll find yourself digging less trash in favor of the good stuff, and the good stuff does come, I'll tell you that.

If you have any unexplored permissions or areas of interest available to you, you'll find that most of the newer/stronger/faster/better detectors would pretty much find the same stuff, it's the beaten to death locations that really make a new mo-chine more interesting.

Having the latest and greatest detector really only gives you a marginal advantage over the older one. It's your getting to really know it that counts, instead of jumping on the latest.

• Like 8

Yep, that + is a selling point, they want to reserve that for the higher priced Manticore.  It's also the one with Target trace which is a big advantage of the +

Maybe the "+" also refers to the additional power to the coil.

• Like 1

Can't afford the new models, just wait 6-8 months after the release and there will some listed on the forums for sale 🙂

• Like 1

This from the Manticore manual makes me think Multi-IQ + does more than I thought Multi-IQ did when it comes to frequencies.

MANTICORE does not have a 4 kHz single frequency
setting. Instead, the All Terrain High Conductors Search
Mode provides a Multi‑IQ+ based mode that can achieve an
operating frequency even lower than 4 kHz. This provides
the benefits of a low frequency/high power mode for
detection and discrimination of high conductors, while
retaining the substantial benefits of Multi‑IQ+.

It also drains the battery quicker....

High Conductors
Inland detecting optimised for large or thick metal targets, such
as copper, gold, or silver coins. Special discrimination capabilities
make this mode ideal for highly conductive targets such as
coin stacks.
This is a high-powered Search Mode that will reduce battery
runtime by approximately one hour.

This is the mode I'll likely use quite a lot in my pursuit of silver coins.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

If anyone wants to buy a lawn mower, a dish washer, various garden tools including a hedge trimmer, a vacuum cleaner, various cleaning chemicals and soaps which I'll bundle together as a package and other home-wares like a Microwave and various cooking appliances, you name it I'm selling it please contact me as I need to make some space for these new detectors.

Simon,

There is a BIG item missing from your list of things to sell or give up if you need more detector money.  Your wife has the most value.

Does anyone have a wife like Simon's willing to let him spend all that time and money on detecting?  She would be very valuable to any of us out here that has a wife that grumbles about a new Vanquish.  My wife is willing to let me spend a bit more if I find more.

The metal detecting companies need to clone your wife so we could just spend, spend, spend and never go home to do chores.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1