Minelab Equinox 700 & 900 With Pricing Part #'s. Smart Move Or Is It?

So the news is out. As soon as I get proper pricing and release dates, this forum will be updated. Until then, we patiently wait.

In the mean time, do you feel this was a smart move or not so?  Either way, I'm a guy who enjoys OPTIONS and do like the new updated fixes.

Here's the pricing of each.  

EQ-700 is $699 US and part # is 3720-0005 as the EQ-900 is $1099 US and part # 3720-0006

A1EQ700.jpg

A1EQ900.jpg

• Like 3

I think there are a ton of Nox fans out there who probably feel the Manticore may be a wallet buster and would give something like the new Noxs a shot. The learning curve would probably be a lot shorter than with the Manticore.

So many improved features over the 800 & 600. I guess the answer to your question comes down to where they price them, Gerry. IMHO.

• Like 1

I think it was smart to fix the problems associated with the 600&800, but in my view they should drop those two detectors from the line up all together. Will they? Minelab should call the new ones Equinox II 700&900, and those should just replace the 600 and 800 at very close to the same price.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'd expect the 800's & 600's will be dropped when the new Nox's hit the dealers and the market gets flooded with used 800's and 600's and the “used” prices plummet.

• Like 1

Not especially, since other manufacturers have released equally solid models, and one can still safely go deeper under water with one of them than the new Equinox or M-core for that matter. It's also a lot lighter too.

I for one would have appreciated a rework of the 600 and 800 firmware, much like Fujifilm updates their older cameras with new features, they call it "Kaizen".

I'm sure there was plenty of room for improvement in those chips. Don't think I'm ready to part with my 600 just yet, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

I'm glad to see there are many new choices out there. 👍I wish them luck, it's getting to be a hard market.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I'm going to wait until January 1st. When they will make an announcement on when they will announce , the Nox 1000 !

So behind the times...  It's going to be the Nox 4K.

- Dave

• Like 1

From an end user standpoint it's wonderful.  Choices (options) are valuable and we are also long the option the 900 performs nearly as well as the Manticore, but for less money. 

As a business, that's another question and since I am more vested in buying metal detects than Codan equity I'm not too worried about that. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Minelab Equinox 700 & 900 With Pricing Part #'s. Smart Move Or Is It?