Manticore Manual Is Out!!!

Dan(NM)

I was wondering why they left off 4kHz on the Manticore, the manual explains it.

MANTICORE does not have a 4 kHz single frequency
setting. Instead, the All Terrain High Conductors Search
Mode provides a Multi‑IQ+ based mode that can achieve an
operating frequency even lower than 4 kHz. This provides
the benefits of a low frequency/high power mode for
detection and discrimination of high conductors, while
retaining the substantial benefits of Multi‑IQ+.

• Like 2

I found the part about red underline for target ID indicating ferrous interesting, I think that means simply the red line means its negative ?

lot more reading to do. 🙂

Brilliant Dug, i recieved a email back saying it would be up soon. Now i may actually know what im doing. 🙂

Just got back from a beach run, so will try and put up a few photos in the next few hours once i work out how to do it.

• Like 1

Looks really awesome.  Two dislikes though are charging times and the battery level indicator.   When at 50%, that means you have between 7%-90%, way too large of a range. 

Really like the ability to discriminate ferrous coins better.  Our Canadian clad is terrible to hunt, they sound dreadful and the target id bounces around terribly.   Hope this works good, as having 1$ and 2$ coins can be quite profitable. 

I think the Canadian clad problem will be not much better, we have coins made in Canada here using the same type of metal makeups, I don't even bother digging them, they're a waste of my time as they're right there with the junk, they're our 10c, 20c and 50c coins.  I dig the $1 and $2 NZ coins that are made elsewhere and are a perfect 21 and 22 ID on the Nox, they rarely are bouncy numbers even very deep.   Interestingly they're going to come up with 62 and 65 on the Manticore so further spread apart with the larger ID range.  I think I'm really going to like this larger ID range with the really good ID accuracy of Multi-IQ in my soil as I really hope it moves the early silver threepence that comes up as 17 on the Nox the same as our most common pull tab further away from the pull tab.  It's quite possible they will judging by the $1 and $2 coins moving.  If it can do this it's going to be more like the CTX which separates them.

I'm really looking forward to the Manticore although the new Nox 900 seems like a cheaper alternative with the larger ID range also, it's the Manticore for me though, so much more to it than an upgraded Nox to be more competitive to the Legend feature wise.

• Like 1

2 things caught my attention:

1. The main title page with a nice image of "Schwarzwald"

2. Custom ferrous limits.

I anticipate zillions of questions on metal detector forums and Facebook groups: "Hey man, how do you draw those funny little rectangles because bottle crown caps are driving me crazy?"

When I first read the battery indicator I thought the same thing, but I am pretty sure the green moves across the scale and they just gave an example of 50%.  No one would make a decision as bad as a poor battery indicator, I hope.