Minelab Sues Nokta

PSPR

Whether Nokta infringed or not the attorneys always win.  Get you wallet out and pay up.   

• Like 1

Nokta Detectors is no longer Nokta Makro. I guess Minelab didn’t get that message. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matt4gold said:

Whether Nokta infringed or not the attorneys always win.  Get you wallet out and pay up.   

My guess is ML is gonna drain Nokta’s smaller cash reserve vs their much larger bankroll, not so much win the case.  If they do its win win for Minelab and possibly good bye to Nokta 😕

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

My guess is ML is gonna drain Nokta’s smaller cash reserve vs their much larger bankroll, not so much win the case.  If they do its win win for Minelab and possibly good bye to Nokta 😕

I hope Nokta doesn't go out of business.  The competition spurred the creation of the Manticore and new Equinox models.  Plus I, and many others here, have a Legend in our stable of detectors and would rather the company stick around even though we have ordered Manticores.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CoinShooter1 said:

Go Minelab Go!

I wonder what consumers will do, when their "legendary" product is under warranty, and the copy-cat company is no longer in business?

I guess Nokta can sue them back for the flashlight and vibration handle. They are both copying each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are correct Steve, I was thinking the same thing when the Nox came out in 2018 that it looked very much like the Quest.  Competition is good and makes the manufacturers come up with new ideas and designs that benefit the consumer's.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked