Minelab Sues Nokta

PSPR

American Detector Distributors is the only Distributor in the US.  That's why Outdoor Outfitters was not named.

The distributor included would be so they can stop sales of the offending product I'd assume?  Not so much that the distributor is to blame for anything.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, diggininMS said:

I guess Nokta can sue them back for the flashlight and vibration handle. They are both copying each other.

Vibration handle been around a long time. VALLON used it 10 years ago in their PI detectors. Military detectors. No beep for the enemy to hear. Still use it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

Vibration handle been around a long time. VALLON used it 10 years ago in their PI detectors. Military detectors. No beep for the enemy to hear. Still use it.

Not to mention telescopic rods and sliding arm rests 🙂

• Like 1

I doubt you could patent a single LED light on the back of a control box either, it has to be multi frequency technology or it could be something to do with the Gold Finder 2000 being so similar to the Gold Monster 1000.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I doubt you could patent a single LED light on the back of a control box either, it has to be multi frequency technology or it could be something to do with the Gold Finder 2000 being so similar to the Gold Monster 1000.

I have never owned or used the Gold Finder 2000. All Nokta had to do is take their Gold Kruzer, use just the Gen All Metal Mode and give it just a ferrous/gold probability meter. It runs at 61 kHz not 48 kHz like the GM1000.  So Nokta did not need to clone the Gold Monster 1000 to do that. Even saying this might be a factor in the law suit is ridiculous.

The Legend has many different features from the Equinox 800. It is certainly not a direct clone. The fact that it detects better in many ways than the Equinox 800 from my experience, has better features and has proven to be a very waterproof detector in my opinion makes it well over 10% better and different than the Equinox. 

If Minelab think, believe, or hope that they can prove Nokta stole their IP somehow......fine. They better sue XP too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yea, I'm not a patent expert, I don't know if something like a gold probability meter is something they could patent.  Nokta changed it too not a direct meter copy. 

Hopefully it all turns into nothing, we don't want less competition in the marketplace that's for sure.  I just can't see Minelab doing the court case for nothing though, they must have a legitimate belief something breached a patent.

The Legend is turning out to be a great detector. My Equinox is gone now. I need more coils, like a 9" round and a 5.5x9 coils. I hope Nokta is doing ok. I'm a little worried about getting more coils.

• The topic was locked