Manticore On Aluminum Foil

PSPR

Someone will run a test on those little wadded up or folded up pieces of aluminum foil we all find.  Those are worse than pull tabs.  Sometimes my pinpointer says there is a little piece right there and I still can't see it.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the Manticore's new enhanced audio theme which varies according to size and depth of a target, will also give an audiable distinction for subtle differences in shape between close conductors like ring pulls, aluminium foil and gold rings? I used to love how my old Sovereign GT BBS machine would tell me through audio discrimination what was under my feet. Its hard to describe in words but I could distinquish between small aluminium foil and a hammered coin just through the roughness, purity or intensity of a signal, something my Multi-IQ Equinox 800 couldn't do as well in my humble opinion. So if the Manticore through its new audio themes can discriminate better than what came before then I will be very happy to own one.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fell Wanderer said:

I'm hoping the Manticore's new enhanced audio theme which varies according to size and depth of a target, will also give an audiable distinction for subtle differences in shape between close conductors like ring pulls, aluminium foil and gold rings? I used to love how my old Sovereign GT BBS machine would tell me through audio discrimination what was under my feet. Its hard to describe in words but I could distinquish between small aluminium foil and a hammered coin just through the roughness, purity or intensity of a signal, something my Multi-IQ Equinox 800 couldn't do as well in my humble opinion. So if the Manticore through its new audio themes can discriminate better than what came before then I will be very happy to own one.

I WISH Minelab would make a detector with the Sovereign tones. Damn they where good. I remember park hunting one day, and thought " I'm gonna go after nickles today". Nickles came in at 138 or so on the spray meter, but had a certain " boing" to them. I dug like 7 buffalo's that day.

• Like 1