Equinox - What's Improved?

Reading the spec sheet I see that the 900 model (but not the 700) now has gain adjustable up to a max of 28 (previously 25).  Iron bias has one extra selectable value (I think) -- max of 9, previously 8.  I contemplate if they're back to only one Iron Bias option instead of FE and F2....  (I assume it's in the manual but I have more important one -- for me anyway -- to read.)

(I wonder if Nokta will sue them over the vibration and flashlight....  :biggrin:).  Or did ML patent those first, too?

Target separation may be the best performance improvement, but that is so difficult to quantify (or even prove).

• Like 1

For me the standout improvements are the new rod, expanded target id range, and upgraded target separation. Especially the last. How does it compare to the Deus now for target separation?

Main downside - Bluetooth be gone. Here I thought we were headed to all detectors being able to use one standard, but the Bluetooth people themselves screwed that up. Ironic, since that was the goal of Bluetooth, a universal standard. But with them abandoning aptxX LL it leaves detector companies little choice for now. Bummer.

• Like 4

Not only is the Bluetooth gone, but so is the separate wireless module. It’s no longer included with the Equinox 900, and not listed as an accessory. So I surmise whatever Minelab is using now is totally different, and only the included ML85 headphones are going to work with the new models. The only way to use any other headphone will be via the optional wired adapter. Instead of the module, you now get a 6” coil. A better option for some I suppose, but others are going to miss that module. Will the old one work? Don’t know, but seems doubtful.

AE843FC6-C22A-4A52-8311-525D43EC24D8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, NAGANT said:

Surprised they didn't just use the  ml-105's for the EQ, seems redundant.  

They are compatible, but they see the ML105 as being a premium upgrade, that comes standard with the Manticore.

The poor old aptX LL ML 100 sold with the GPX 6000 is out in the cold now.

minelab-ml-85-wireless-headphone.jpg

minelab-ml-105-wireless-headphones.jpg

minelab-ml-100-wireless-headphones.jpg

Looks like a natural progression from the 600/800 and hopefully build quality will now be on par with Nokta. Disappointed that there’s no Bluetooth support, as I have multiple sets of LL headphones that work with both my 800 and Legend. Also having difficulty justifying the $400-$500 premium over the Legend. Personally, I’ll take a wait and see approach.

• Like 2

I pretty much like everything I see about the new Nox 900 except the Bluetooth thing, since I won't be able to use my earbuds in summer without a Bluetooth transmitter dangling from the headphone jack.

It's also curious that the ML-105 headphones work with the Manticore and EQ-900, but not the 700. What's that about?