Equinox - What's Improved?

What about flooded 6 & 8 pods.  They were selling those people new 6 & 8 pods,  might not be many takers now.  Waiting till spring to see what i can do, and afford.  Be hard to go back to one coil for sure.

Only if you had one die out of warranty, I tried to buy one as a separate product and not a chance.  They'll still sell 600 and 800 pods to people who have them die outside of warranty, I'd be VERY surprised if they let you upgrade to a 700 or 900 pod though, unless the 600 and 800 get discontinued and run out of stock.  It's always about the $'s.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 3:08 AM, phrunt said:

a Red back-light won't change your life at all, I wonder how colour blind people go with a red back-light 😛 

A red backlight makes a huge difference when hunting at night because it allows you to see your surroundings a lot better. It also helps you to see what you are digging.

Interesting point on color blind people. I would assume that a red light would help them see better at night as well. They just wouldn't see the color red the same as normal sighted people.

• Like 2

I've no doubt a red back light is beneficial at night, I have one on my Vanquish.  It was more as a gold prospector unless you're out there hunting at night poaching others claims or something 🙂

All of my comments were for the gold hunter, not overall detector user.

• Like 1

I didn't know that nugget hunters generally don't hunt at night. Thanks for the insight.  👍

The 900 with the expanded ID range should isolate Nickle's (less square tabs) and hopefully copper pennies (less zinkers) better.  The manual say's better separation and one tester said faster processing and slightly more depth.    Don't understand 2 coils only option, lotta people already coiled up. Think more EQ guys undecided would go 900 if they had a one coil option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I didn't know that nugget hunters generally don't hunt at night. Thanks for the insight.  👍

They may for all I know, not something I'd be doing in the dark too often with the little nuggets around here, it'd be a challenge to find them 😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They may for all I know, not something I'd be doing in the dark too often with the little nuggets around here, it'd be a challenge to find them 😉

I've never nugget hunted but what I would do is, once I have the target in a handful of dirt, simply toss the dirt into my bag and pick out the nuggets after I get home. I have done that coin/relic hunting and it saves a lot of time.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2022 at 12:51 PM, dsb said:

The 900 with the expanded ID range should isolate Nickle's (less square tabs) and hopefully copper pennies (less zinkers) better.  The manual say's better separation and one tester said faster processing and slightly more depth.    Don't understand 2 coils only option, lotta people already coiled up. Think more EQ guys undecided would go 900 if they had a one coil option.

Yup, I already have a 6” coil, don’t need another. Just another tiny reason why I may get the Manticore instead. Though knowing me, ending up with both a Nox 900 and Manticore is not impossible either. :smile:

• Haha 5