The Slightest Of Washes

Dancer

So on my first hunt, walked out on the beach a little before eight am.   Temps in the high 40's with a stiff wind from the north.    Not nice, but the waves were down.   I didn't go in but there were 2 guys already getting wet.   I had about a half mile walk before my first coin.   I mean nothing just 3 tabs.    So I come up on a little wash maybe 30 yards long.    Started hitting some targets.    Actually a bonanza, 16 coins , junk ring, an earing for a $1.61.    Talked to one of the waders, couldn't find Any hard bottom.   Pickins out there were slim.    Today going back to the wash , wade out in front of it.    Oh, the dry sand is a Nightmare, they slabbed about 4 ft of fresh sand on it last February.

• Like 5

Not a bad start.

Targets pool this time of year.  We have a much larger tide swing and winds start coming out of the North.  These negative tide cause more waves at low tide hitting th built up sand dune or rises.  Good to hunt by watching the wave line in the water … just it front of it you get a lot of movement and you tell the cut ins best.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Traffic on this beach has been slow this season to say the least. Seems like the only ones making fresh drops are in the picture.

Other than that the Tarsacci is humming along and handling the salt very quietly.  Had a little noise early in the month but a quick brush up on changing the salt count cured that.    Running in All metal about 90% of the time.

BE2965FC-4A52-4230-9AFA-A78A6DFBA042.JPG

• Like 2

Good looking location.

Nice you can get out detecting. Beach looks great.

• Like 1

Like most of the country, temps in the 20's.    Had some storm action, hopefully shifted some targets around.  But at age 74 I got to use a little common sense about jumping in.  I'm OK working the wet sand.   Just before this storm I was working the wash in All Metal.    Digging everything for awhile.    Got this weakest of the weak signal.  Took a couple scoops, minus numbers. So somewhere over a foot down the thinnest of tent pegs Not surprised. Ended up with a few rusty caps couple tabs, fishing spoon and a wopping 3 coins (pennies).    On the bright side things got to get better.  If it gets up to 29 today just might go on a stroll.

IMG_20221223_090322.jpg

• Like 3

Yep, the Tarsacci found me a pocketknife about 15" down in a lake bottom not too long ago.

Enjoy the Holidays.

• Like 1