The Legend Finds Colonial Coins

Those are not in too bad condition. Seems likr there are some good, older targets there at some depth.

These all were found at 6 to 8 inches. I had decided to chase faint iffy signals because that's how I have found most of my gold rings, iffy signals that catch my attention some how.

Going between the Alter 71's 120 pt  ID and the Legend 60 pt  ID messes with my little pea brain. I am getting more focused on the tones above all else.

Fantastic hunt, I wish I had an area around here that could produce some coins like that.

Great work on finding them and good luck on your next hunt.

George II 1727 - 1760 - Coincraft

Here we offer the scarce King George II Old Head Halfpenny. Remember that during the reign of King George II (1727-1760) the Halfpenny was the largest ...

280113117_Screenshot2022-12-05170407.thumb.jpg.b8fc94a9f3388ba34e8373262d5b6bfa.jpg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 10:17 PM, KevinOntheCape said:

This is larger the the George II Coppers, can any one tell me what it is?

20221129_103810.jpg

20221129_103746.jpg

This one is odd, I've heard of "cartwheel" coins which this resembles, but cannot find anything specific.

Either way, incredible finds on the Cape. Glad there is somewhere you can detect there. 🤔

• Like 1

I appreciate the replies, Geof the KG ID'S have readable dates. One is 1730, the other is 1739.

F350- looking at the rear view there seems to be 2 raised dots that had me thinking it might be a button. After 5 yrs of detecting to get my first colonial era items all in a maybe 100 sq ft  area blows my mind. We have been to this spot many times with multiple machines. One never knows what lies beneath !

• Like 2