Anyone Used NEL Coils?

Has anyone here used nel coils ?and how did you find there performance compared to stock standard coils?

Depends on the machine; on the gold bug, the Nel coils are a bit hotter than the stock coil, the trade off is an open coil design on the larger coils that may catch on rocks, brush, etc. They are are also waterproof and very durable. Most of the time your stock coil will do just as well.

I use 2 NEL Coils on my T2 original,the 1st one is the NEL Sharpshooter 9.5''x5.5'' i use this instead of the stock coil,the reason being the original stock coil packed up and when searching around and borrowing one from a friendmit was not only cheaper but also far superior build quality wise.Performance wise although the coil is just a bit smaller,i honestly dont thing i loose any depth or if i do its not worth worrying about,but it makes up for it in being much more sensitive to small finds,better pinpointing and of course better in trashy site situations.

The 2nd one is the NEL Storm,this is just a bit bigger than stock at 14''x13'' but is a beast depth wise over the stock coil,but the winning bonus is with this coil is its also very sensitive on smaller finds,this is unusual with normal slightly bigger than stock coils.It is slightly heavier but not over the top,infact i would use this one all the time for most of my open pasture and deep ploughed and rolled sites,but wrist problems reduce the usage to the Sharpshooter one.

This is just my personal opinion on this brand and it certainly gets my vote from being a happy user with many hours on the clock,i also have the BIG Nel coil as well,but that is a real brute of a coil at 17''x15'' and only comes out too play on real deep targets,the weight can be its down fall but the other 2 coils are superb.

Rick

Good to hear that about the Sharpshooter on the T2 as I have one coming for mine. I have a NEL Snake for the G2 but haven't used it much yet.  I like the Mars coils also but there still isn't a US Distributor and had to get them from a UK dealer.  The Mars 10x13 Tiger coil bangs hard on 9" dimes with the Omega 8500.

Tom

@Jackpine,yep i also have a Mars Tiger coil for the T2 as well,albeit not used it much but it certainly seems like a very good coil,a coil in between a stock coil and a large coil,very well built quality wise,have noticed in the short time that i have used it that it seems to lock onto the signal better than the stock coil,thats the only way that i can describe it.

I have NEL Sharpshooters on my F75 DST, Racer 2 and Bandido II µMax detectors. I'm able to run the gain almost wide open on all those machines with very little chatter. In my experience depth is about the same as the stock coils. Also, NEL build quality is top notch with a nice even epoxy pour on the bottom and a heavy duty cable/connector combo. The Sharpshooter is one of my absolute favorite coils to swing!

I use the nel attack for beach work on a sovereign gt , it hits deep targets well, not tried it in the salt water yet , just dry sand. Anyone had any experience using a nel on a gt in the brine ?

I gave the Sharpshooter a run on the T2 this afternoon and I have to say it appears to be as deep as the stock coil.  Dug a pencil eraser at a measured 7" and an old 12 ga. head at over 9".  Pretty impressive for a 5.5x9.5"  coil.

Had the T2 wide open on sens and both targets banged hard in 1+ mode.  Probably could have got them another inch or so.

Tom