What Are Your Plans With All These New Great Metal Detector Choices?

We are flooded with new great detectors, what are you going to do?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you intend to buy one of the new coin and treasure detectors on the market?

2. 2. Which of the following new coin and treasure detectors do you intend to buy or have purchased already.

• Minelab Manticore
    • Minelab Equinox 700
    • Minelab Equinox 900
    • XP Deus 2
    • Nokta Legend
    • Garrett Apex
    • I haven't decided
    • I'm sticking with what I've got already
    • Other
    • Garrett Axiom
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose you would use a new detector for

• Coins and Jewellery in a park or field setting
    • Coins and Jewellery in a beach setting
    • Gold Prospecting
    • Relics
    • Detecting in the water

Here is a short poll to get a feel of how people are going to deal with all these new detectors on the market, and get an idea of how many people intend to jump in and get one.

• Like 4

I am more than happy with my current range of detectors as i feel i fully understand them after many years of use,of course the common denominator with detecting is they all find metal,but we use machines that best suit our sites,locations and the typical finds that are dropped/lost over time....for me as a result of only doing inland detecting here in the UK coinage and artefacts are my main targets so i use what suits me best.....favourite weapons of choice are my original T2 which is still the best detector that suits my requirements and back up with the Deus1 and Nox......i do have many other machines and coils for more specific uses.

Dont plan on upgrading anytime soon,i have never been a detectorist who chases the latest must have machine.....what works for me of course may not work for other folks.

• Like 4

GPX6 is doing just fine on the gold. 

Equinox 800 is doing just fine on the coins, jewellery at the local haunts but that is only occasionally.  Beach a couple of times per year.  

Waiting for the next gen CTX if it ever happens.  Faster separation, better discrim to depth and hopefully a much bigger percentage of ‘I don’t need to dig a hole in this public area because I already know it is a crap target’ 😊

But watching the Manticore and its 2D system with interest.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

Why is the Axiom excluded from the choices?

I was thinking Vlf

added it now 

• Like 1

Thanks for creating the Poll, Simon.  Early but some surprising results so far.  (I'm one of the Manticore votes, BTW.)

• Like 1

I was gonna buy a Nox800 in the new year......now I'm thinkin the 900.....Or maybe if the old stock 800's drop in price, I'll still gonna get an 800. We'll see.

• Like 1