Deus 2 13x11" Coil First Impressions And Data

F350Platinum

On 12/5/2022 at 3:26 PM, F350Platinum said:

I don't know if there are other processes used to create CF extrusions except the woven ones like the Nokta. I guess all we can do is speculate. 🙂

There are unidirectional woven CF sheets available. Not all CF has the stitched look you see on most things built with it...the stitched stuff looks really cool which is why it's most popular. 👍

strick

• Like 3

3 hours ago, strick said:

There are unidirectional woven CF sheets available. Not all CF has the stitched look you see on most things built with it...the stitched stuff looks really cool which is why it's most popular. 👍

strick

Thanks for this info! Heck the "CF" could mean "Calais, France" for all we know 🤣 BUT, it's only on the 13, and it is 10g lighter. 👍 I wish they would publish more info.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks for this info! Heck the "CF" could mean "Calais, France" for all we know 🤣 BUT, it's only on the 13, and it is 10g lighter. 👍 I wish they would publish more info.

Does the "CF" shaft have any flex to it like the original D2 lower shaft? If it is carbon fiber there should be no flexing depending on the wall thickness. If it is carbon fiber or similar material, this is really good news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Does the "CF" shaft have any flex to it like the original D2 lower shaft? If it is carbon fiber there should be no flexing depending on the wall thickness. If it is carbon fiber or similar material, this is really good news.

I extend the lower to about 3 and a half, I am 6'1". I have not noticed any flex at all, it is very rigid with the centering block. I normally extend the 9" coil more than that due to it being off center. Also cutting back the length reduces fatigue for me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Yes this..Also you can tap it with a quarter and compare to the upper shaft if it sounds different then maybe its carbon. 

strick 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strick said:

Yes this..Also you can tap it with a quarter and compare to the upper shaft if it sounds different then maybe its carbon. 

strick 

The upper shaft is aluminum.

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I extend the lower to about 3 and a half, I am 6'1". I have not noticed any flex at all, it is very rigid with the centering block. I normally extend the 9" coil more than that due to it being off center. Also cutting back the length reduces fatigue for me.

So if it is not flexing like the original lower shaft does in some videos with the 11" coil, that is great news. It very well could be a carbon infused plastic of some kind making it stiffer and lighter. Well done XP!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

So if it is not flexing like the original lower shaft does in some videos with the 11" coil, that is great news. It very well could be a carbon infused plastic of some kind making it stiffer and lighter. Well done XP!

I think you will like it a lot, Cap'n. As Carolina also mentioned, the IDs are much tighter, and if you're considering the 11" you might as well go all the way for the same price. Here's the link for the centering device I used again, it's only $16 with free shipping. Very well made:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294905629723

You will have to shim the rear of the block near the coil clamp, I just used some thin nylon washers. Maybe anyway. 😀

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

The upper shaft is aluminum.

Yes I was saying he could compare the two since we already know what the top is...

strick

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 11:39 AM, F350Platinum said:

I think you will like it a lot, Cap'n. As Carolina also mentioned, the IDs are much tighter, and if you're considering the 11" you might as well go all the way for the same price. Here's the link for the centering device I used again, it's only $16 with free shipping. Very well made:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294905629723

You will have to shim the rear of the block near the coil clamp, I just used some thin nylon washers. Maybe anyway. 😀

Thanks for the tips, but, where can I get the coil?

• Haha 1