Detech Coils Coming Soon For The Garrett Axiom

phrunt

I hoped to hear there would be aftermarket coils for the Axiom.  :biggrin:  I suspected if there were to be any soon, Detech would be a likely company.

For me, a smaller mono coil would be nice for use in tight situations such as on bedrock and around bushes, rocks and other obstacles.  

I'm sure the beach hunters and relic hunters would love an open SEF type coil for some good coverage and for use in or near the water.  

I imagine with plenty of experience making really durable great performing coils for other PI machines in the past, Detech can probably get production of some new Axiom coils done quickly.  I look forward to seeing and using some other coil types and shapes soon.

• Like 3

Such great news the aftermarket coils for Axiom, I would like to see a flatwire spiral wound 14x9 and a 14" flatwire spiral mono, and a 14" round flatwire spiral wound CC. This would make the Axiom highly desirable to my use.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Detech Coils Coming Soon For The Garrett Axiom

Yes, it will be interesting what magic they can do to the Axiom, with complete freedom to make whatever they want for it they will be able to make some good coils and likely give the Axiom a good performance boost in many ways.  Big deep coils, smaller spirals for the tiny stuff... it sounds very promising.

Detech even make a 32" Concentric coil for the older GPX, imagine that coil on the Axiom!  Rob's detectors sell it!  I've been so tempted to buy a big Detech Concentric for my GPX 5000 for coins on the beach.

detech-32-concentric-search-coil-for-minelab-gpx-gp-sd-series-gold-detectors1-1000x1000.jpg.thumb.gif.c827468d66a3f740dcc0ff91683503fd.gif

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

That's great news to hear! I don't own an Axiom so I don't know what type and size of coil would really compliment or benefit it.

But from a curiosity and gearhead standpoint add my name to what is surely a long list of people curious to see what spiral and concentrics can do on the ultra sensitive modern PIs.

• Like 2