4 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

I kep trying to upload photos of the event. Keeps giving me a -200 code. Getting frustrated.  Tried opera mini like Steve suggested.  Still same problem.  

I edited my photos, shrunk them down a bit. That did the trick on my last post. I've been to that claim but didn't do well. Looking forward to pictures.

Chris

This was just about the best event of any kind that I've ever participated in.  We found gold in every single drywasher  cleanout for two straight days and got a free lunch to boot.  It just doesn't get any better!   The organizers and the mine owner deserve a huge reward like Tax Free status for the rest of their lives.

Some of the material is wire gold in a quartz matrix.  Difficult to pan because it has more surface area and is not as dense as the gold we are used to.  If you pan like we are used to panning  it will wash right out of your pan.  We were panning in plastic basins and some very nice gold was recovered from the basin tailings! The mine owner patiently  gave us numerous demonstrations of the panning technique he has developed over the years.  He learned from his grandfather who taught him to pan tungsten ore, not nearly as heavy as gold and difficult to pan.

Really hope this event will happen again.

Bob

• Like 3