On 5/19/2016 at 3:18 PM, Sourdough Scott said:

All veterans, active duty, and dependants are invited.

Scott,

I just wanted to verify something.  I just noticed the flyer attachment on your post says the following: GPAA of Northern Nevada Reno would like to invite all Active Duty Veteran's and dependent's on our next gold adventure.  So is this outing actually intended for all vets or just active duty vets?  

Thanks,

Terry 

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to re-invite everyone.  This is a 1 time a year event. We are going to be running drywashers and some gold cubes. The owner of the mine brings out plenty of gravels  from the tunnel. There will be some small nuggets, pickers and lots of fines. We will be camping below the mine Friday and Saturday nights. So come camp if you can. Be prepared for hot weather.  No shade there. All gold recovered will be put together, and all participants will be given a equal share of the finds. Hope to see some of you there. Scott Keogh 

Roundtrip of almost sixteen hundred miles and worth every one of them.  What a great time.  Really great to meet Scott, a super guy.  Had expected other forum people there.  All who attended had a wonderful experience.  If you're at all interested in drywashing and panning try to make it next year.  Don't know the total take yet.  The club will clean it all up and split it with all the attendees.  The owner had a huge pile for us to go through of crushed material.  The gold was very fine tiny wire gold and different to pan than river gold.  Several nuggets were found by detectors in and around the stockpile.  Kudos to the mine owner.  He's another super guy.  He spent both days helping, teaching, and telling interesting stories.  I think he enjoyed the outing as much as the rest of us did.

The same club puts on the Ryepatch Nugget Shoot September 17th so I know it'll be fun too.  I hope to see more forum members at that and maybe get a few pointers for detecting Ryepatch.

• Like 2