Deus 2 13x11" Relic Hunt Field Test - Button Bonanza (update)

F350Platinum

It looks like another great hunt. Thanks for your initial thoughts on the 13" coil. I'm still on the fence, but I was in a place today that I could have used the extra coverage. I sometimes find myself in a hunt on a large area and pressed for time so I start going too fast with the 9" and I know I'm missing targets. I was wondering how well the 13" would do on a relic site that had a lot of iron. It looks like it worked well for you. Congrats, and keep up the great and honest reviews.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another great hunt, and test report Bob!👍

Even though I don't have a Deus 2 (Yet?🤔😁), or any relics to hunt, I love a good finds story! And you don't seem to be running out anytime soon!! So nice work again; keep mucking away!!🍀👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

It looks like another great hunt. Thanks for your initial thoughts on the 13" coil. I'm still on the fence, but I was in a place today that I could have used the extra coverage. I sometimes find myself in a hunt on a large area and pressed for time so I start going too fast with the 9" and I know I'm missing targets. I was wondering how well the 13" would do on a relic site that had a lot of iron. It looks like it worked well for you. Congrats, and keep up the great and honest reviews.

Thanks! 

There isn't a lot of iron in this particular field. I do have some very trashy spots but they're still covered with bean crop. It's really nice to hunt this field, when you get a good signal, about 98% of the time you'll get something good. The strangest thing is that I sometimes find a beer can over a foot deep. 🤔 I expect large iron to be that deep, but not aluminum. 

The takeaway here is that this coil gives really accurate IDs, something I find lacking in the 11", and even the 9". Lower bump sensitivity as well. 

I think the delay in releasing it was to eliminate some of the issues they had with the large coil for the D1? For sure there are improvements.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your info and finds F350. It was a good hunt, you ended up with some nice results in the end.👌

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Another great hunt and test report Bob!👍

Even though I don't have a Deus 2 (Yet?🤔😁), or any relics to hunt! I love a good finds story! And you don't seem to be running out anytime soon!! So nice work again; keep mucking away!!🍀👍👍

Thanks!

I sure was mucking it today. 😵

With so many new detectors out or coming out, the justifications for getting the Deus are IMHO as follows:

More waterproof than any other detector

Much lighter than any other detector with a similar size coil

No wires. Coil changes are quick

Great headphone options albeit pricey.

As you well know, any detector once learned will produce results commensurate to the environment, you're not gonna get gold nuggets where there aren't any 🤔 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, unox said:

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your info and finds F350. It was a good hunt, you ended up with some nice results in the end.👌

Thanks!

I've been in the spot where I found at least 10 buttons in one hour, I must not have been looking too hard there before. 🤣 It was nice to hit so many in so little time! Great way to end the day.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

No wires. Coil changes are quick

Why they insist on that puny 1/4” plastic bolt is beyond me. You would think a 3/8” would be in order.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 7:50 PM, Carolina said:

Why they insist on that puny 1/4” plastic bolt is beyond me. You would think a 3/8” would be in order.

Because the tight arses can’t be bothered with re designing their old shaft set up...which is one reason why they will never catch up with the competition. 

Nice work 350 I see you hiding your great finds over here now lol.

strick

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, strick said:

Nice work 350 I see you hiding your great finds over here now lol.

Haha, busted!

Dunno about you but on my phone I always hit the newspaper icon to see all the latest stuff no matter what forum it's in. 🤣 It may upset the "exclusive" crowd but I like all aspects of metal detecting. 😏 I had to decide which spot to put it in.

The only reason I'm posting here in XP forum is because the post was mainly about the 13" coil, and how I really didn't find much in a spot I've wiped out with the other two 😀

This is not to be misconstrued as bashing it for sure, I'm really impressed with it. I simply cannot prove in my environment that it finds "deeper good stuff". I'm sort of relieved because I'm not a fan of digging large craters on this beautiful old farm. To its credit I did dig one really deep one, almost 2 feet, chasing a strong 79 ID (like that gold ring) that turned out, thanks to my trusty Quest pinpointer, to be a big chunk of iron buried with some bricks, probably filling an old groundhog hole. 🤣20221205_105234.thumb.jpg.db2f27fa0ba91ac0cae08f5f6ada4958.jpg

I marked it in OnX Hunt in case I decide there's something to investigate. 

More to come in Coins and Relics once this rain takes a break... 😁 We've been getting rain almost every other day and it's not looking good for a while.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Deus 2 13x11" Relic Hunt Field Test - Button Bonanza (update)