Garrett, Send Me An Axiom And I Will…….

Well, the lesson to be learned here is that satire is completely wasted on the Yanks.... They just don't get it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Garrett send me an Axiom. If I find something with it then it must be good because im not! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

Well, the lesson to be learned here is that satire is completely wasted on the Yanks.... They just don't get it.

I half got it Reg, was not sure. I can be dense, not doubt about that. You have to admit that usually Aussie humor is not that subtle. It's all good anyway, as maybe somebody here will take advantage of the contact info to make the case. But I think nearly all of us are here precisely because we are not all that fond of social media.

It was funny when I was with the Garrett crew. One of the top dogs wanted to know why I was not using Instagram to promote the forum. "I never heard of your forum until now" he said. I gave my stock answer, which is I just don't care to work that hard at it. But I was thinking to myself "I'm sitting here with you, am I not?" :smile:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Exactly Simon. Full agreement. I was just typing something to that effect when you posted but you put it better.

The only exception is Youtube, which has some permanence. And you can pretty much go to the top of Google results for niche search terms like say GPZ8000 or Garrett Axiom, etc. But the Youtube audience is more looking at ACE level detectors, not Axioms, in general.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Αυτό που μπορεί να μην καταλαβαίνουν αυτοί οι άνθρωποι είναι ότι τα φόρουμ είναι διαρκή, είναι σαν να γράφουν με λαδομπογιά, δεκαετίες αργότερα οι πληροφορίες που δημοσίευσε κάποιος μπορούν να βρεθούν εύκολα, όχι παιδικά χρώματα που ξεπλένονται την επόμενη φορά που θα βρέξει όπως τα τυπικά μέσα κοινωνικής δικτύωσης. Όλα όσα λέγονται σε ένα φόρουμ όπως αυτό είναι εκεί για το μέλλον για τους ανθρώπους να αναζητούν και να ερευνούν, το Facebook και άλλοι τις πληροφορίες του που υπάρχουν τη μια εβδομάδα και πηγαίνουν την επόμενη, είναι δύσκολο να επιστρέψω και να αναζητήσετε οτιδήποτε, δεν μπορείτε να ψάξετε εύκολα για πληροφορίες, μόλις έφυγε, ειδικά σε περιβάλλοντα υψηλής κυκλοφορίας. Μοιάζουν με τη διαφήμιση ανεπιθύμητης αλληλογραφίας που πετάμε και τα φόρουμ είναι η σύγχρονη Εγκυκλοπαίδεια στην οποία επισκεπτόμαστε αν χρειάζεται να ψάξουμε κάτι.

Εάν κάποιος αναζητήσει στο Google "Garrett Axiom Review", δεν αναφέρεται σε αναρτήσεις στα μέσα κοινωνικής δικτύωσης, επισημαίνεται εδώ και παρόμοια μέρη. 

Αν και μπορεί να πιστεύουν ότι η απήχηση είναι μεγαλύτερη στο Facebook, στο Instragram ή οπουδήποτε αλλού θα εκπλαγούν από το πόσες καλές πληροφορίες λαμβάνουν οι πιθανοί αγοραστές όταν κάνουν αναζήτηση στο Google ή οποιαδήποτε μηχανή αναζήτησης για αυτό το θέμα και βρίσκουν μέρη όπως εδώ στην κορυφή της κατάταξης με πληροφορίες υψηλής ποιότητας στη διάθεσή τους. Θα έλεγα ότι τα φόρουμ είναι μια πολύ υποβαθμισμένη μορφή μάρκετινγκ για αυτούς, καθώς δεν μπορούν να δουν τον άμεσο αριθμό των ανθρώπων που βλέπουν τις πληροφορίες τόσο εύκολα, αλλά οι αριθμοί θα τους εκπλήξουν. Όλοι προτιμούν το Facebook και συχνά παραμελούν τα φόρουμ, αλλά χάνουν μια καλή ευκαιρία για ΜΟΝΙΜΕΣ πληροφορίες σχετικά με τα προϊόντα τους.

I agree with everything, great post my friend👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I'll do the contact Garret thing. I swear this is true. I contacted them about 2 mths ago asking about getting a coil cover for the 10x6. I told them how I none are here in Aus and even though I can find some overseas nobody will sell or ship me one. The reply. Honestly was this.

Hi sorry to hear that. If you dont mind what shape you use as a skid plate you could get a pot plant drip tray bottom and glue it on and use something like that. 

5fe5334c5d14da31d4a4f147462d733a.gif.1152b696344fbdbb90e789437dfe3827.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Smigo said:

I don't think I'll do the contact Garret thing. I swear this is true. I contacted them about 2 mths ago asking about getting a coil cover for the 10x6. I told them how I none are here in Aus and even though I can find some overseas nobody will sell or ship me one. The reply. Honestly was this.

Hi sorry to hear that. If you dont mind what shape you use as a skid plate you could get a pot plant drip tray bottom and glue it on and use something like that. 

5fe5334c5d14da31d4a4f147462d733a.gif.1152b696344fbdbb90e789437dfe3827.gif

Thin peice of plexiglass cut to shape and some ShoeGoo can do wonders.....

• Like 1

I can relate to the youtube, facebook thing. It's the younger generations go to. I'm old but not an old fart, I don't have a face book a/c but I do watch a little youtube, but I filter it. I apologize in advance but I do like to illustrate my points so if you are young with an attention span to match stop reading now. I recently hooked up with two young guys half my age, they were interested in looking for gold, in particular sniping as they were 'following' a well known youtuber that operates with considerable success down here in Tasmania. I told them I knew which river he was operating in even though he never mentions locations, I recognized it from one of his videos. We went there and last summer, had a really good season, we even ran into the youtuber on the river even though it's a remote location. So the partnership has been good for all of us, I fast tracked them onto gold and they gave me the opportunity to do some sniping in remote locations in company. They are great guys and we get on well, but you would think after what I described above and considering my age and experience I would have gained some credibility. No they get all there information from facebook and youtube, if it's on youtube it's true, they are intelligent guys but when it comes to social media they just don't seem to have a bullshit filter. I've been detecting for 45 years, one of my partners decided to buy a detector based on a youtube recomendation. I advised him that with out notch discrimination and the high frequency that it ran at, in highly mineralized ground he may have some problems. He pointed out that it ran fine on youtube, I pointed out that the youtuber was running in pipeclay soil with no mineralization, I was ignored, the result is that its not useable in our highly mineralized soils. This the reality of todays marketing strategies and this is why Garrett are focused on facebook. As a former CEO of face book quoted 'we have completely rewired their brains so that they reject reality and embrace tribalism' tribalism in this case being facebook.

• Like 6

100% what phrunt said .