Garrett, Send Me An Axiom And I Will…….

Garrett, Send Me An Axiom And I Will make sure that Minelab will not take away your record of the largest nugget ever found with a detector. You  may have to throw in a few extras to get me, but the largest nuggets were mainly found here in Victoria so you will be on a good chance of not losing your record to Minelab when they send me my free GPZ-8000.

Your sincerly Mr Geof. JUNK

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Finally to add to what Phrunt said as well as my previous thoughts, when recently, I was considering a new waterproof detector it was this forum that I looked to for 'guidance' not face book or youtube, lets hope that forums like this can continue to stay relevant and provide a trusted source of information, but as with all information, a filter is required. Combined knowledge not ego and opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oneguy said:

Thin peice of plexiglass cut to shape and some ShoeGoo can do wonders.....

Yes I saw recomdations of what to do. Im still here trying in Aus to find things. I appreciate your recommendation. 

I am still perplexed as to why Garrett released this here with no coil covers!?

But will for sure take on board your idea. Thanks for taking the time to reply 👍👍

5 hours ago, oneguy said:

Thin peice of plexiglass cut to shape and some ShoeGoo can do wonders.....

Heck, in a pinch just Shoe Goo alone can do wonders, that stuff is near indestructible. 

I'd use it to patch coil covers when I had no way to get mail and buy a new cover, but then I started just throwing the covers away after they'd crack or wear through, and smearing a thin veneer of Shoe Goo on the coil bottom/sides by itself. Granted, not a coil I could resell, but seemed to work good just by itself and wasn't quite as loud scraping dirt either.

*Ah actually, just looked, and it's "Amazing Goop" that I was using alone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Well, the lesson to be learned here is that satire is completely wasted on the Yanks.... They just don't get it.

God bless America land of the free, and I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly mean it. Especially when you consider the Nanny state that Australia has become. But although I really believe the U.SA. is the land of the free, I'm with you Reg, they just don't get irony. Too late I've already ducked behind the parapet to avoid the return fire. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Smigo said:

Yes I saw recomdations of what to do. Im still here trying in Aus to find things. I appreciate your recommendation. 

I am still perplexed as to why Garrett released this here with no coil covers!?

But will for sure take on board your idea. Thanks for taking the time to reply 👍👍

Despite the well meaning solutions put forward, I think Smigo is perplexed by Garretts attitude, Garrett recommending fabricating a skid plate is silly to say the least. Sorry I'm still behind the parapet !

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blackjack said:

God bless America land of the free, and I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly mean it. Especially when you consider the Nanny state that Australia has become. But although I really believe the U.SA. is the land of the free, I'm with you Reg, they just don't get irony. Too late I've already ducked behind the parapet to avoid the return fire. 

Glad I live in a really small town here in Vic mate. 99% Old style Oz and not because its 99% westerners. We have people from all corners of the globe. But we live as 1 aussies . We get along and respect each other. Small yes, but great little place. 

I didn't want to come or be here as my last home was 8 times or more bigger. But covid work from home and stuff forced us out. 

Now, when travelling to shop there, last place, here has not much so its a big travel, I see the change of people. Now im glad I dont live there. Its stuffed up. 

We go to sleep here hearing nothing, no hoons, no burnouts like last town, no screaming, no violent fights, no police. 

Its like we stepped back in time when we first came to central Victoria in the early 1990's.

I think we'll hang here till we die. If it goes that well 😆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Smigo said:

Glad I live in a really small town here in Vic mate. 99% Old style Oz and not because its 99% westerners. We have people from all corners of the globe. But we live as 1 aussies . We get along and respect each other. Small yes, but great little place. 

I didn't want to come or be here as my last home was 8 times or more bigger. But covid work from home and stuff forced us out. 

Now, when travelling to shop there, last place, here has not much so its a big travel, I see the change of people. Now im glad I dont live there. Its stuffed up. 

We go to sleep here hearing nothing, no hoons, no burnouts like last town, no screaming, no violent fights, no police. 

Its like we stepped back in time when we first came to central Victoria in the early 1990's.

I think we'll hang here till we die. If it goes that well 😆

Yes mate I wouldn't want to live in a city again, my wife and I have been in the country for 40years now, the last 25 here in Tasmania we have gone to the next level, 50 acres and we can't see our neighbours, but they are good people all the same, we don't lock our doors my shed doors don't even have locks and the keys are left in the car. The birds are a bit noisy in the morning though !

• Like 2

Garrett,

Please don't send those guys anything as they all have several detectors to use as it is.

However as it is, I only have 1 old unit that my grandfather left me when he passed away, and would enjoy a new and shiny detector or anything else to use in my detecting and gold panning hobby.

Please forgive those who are more fortunate than me as they are trying really hard to outsmart your great company.

Thank you, Caleb

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What's a skidplate? Never needed the unnecessary extra weight personally but sure used a lot of epoxy resin as "hardfacing" underneath coils over the years.

Must be the result of my early years operating and rebuilding ground contacting earthmoving equipment :wink:

• Like 2