Question About The Manti's "2d".

20 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Digalicious, here is a new video that provides a better understanding of how the Target Trace 2D screen presents various objects scanned.  It might help you answer some of your concerns.

I think that'd have been a more useful video if he'd left the iron audio on throughout.  Interesting to see some of those traces though 👍

• Like 1

Thank you for the video PSPR.

The video shows exactly what I mentioned in my first post about the 2D (ID Map) being an ID plotter with an automatic and preset decay.

My question isn't really about how the ID map works, but rather, if it has any benefit over TID and/or tones.

So far, I can see 2 disadvantages of the ID map compared to TID. The only advantage I see with it, is the ability to expose iron falsing as I talked about in my previous post.

3 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

My question isn't really about how the ID map works, but rather, if it has any benefit over TID and/or tones.

From this video alone, I would say yes, at least for me.  The plots are very telling in my sense and this doesn't even cover those plots that show multiple items on the screen.  But, to each his own.

• Like 1

TT will help when you get those mixed signals that you cant work out.  Should be nice for those parks you just cant did everything.  The audio choices haven't been demonstrated yet and that will be interesting to see what works well for separation/discrimination.  The 900 audio should be better too as well as faster processing speed.  $1599 = to much for my needs but love to follow the tech progression.  How long till another innovative unit comes along?  Never ending. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Thank you for the video PSPR.

The video shows exactly what I mentioned in my first post about the 2D (ID Map) being an ID plotter with an automatic and preset decay.

So far, I can see 2 disadvantages of the ID map compared to TID. The only advantage I see with it, is the ability to expose iron falsing as I talked about in my previous post.

You keep saying the same thing over and over on 2 different forums. We get it. You don't think the 2D screen is really that useful. You think audio and numerical I.D. tells you all you need to know. That's fine don't buy a Manticore. Those of us who think the 2D adds value and have posted as such to why we think that will find out for ourselves it's utility.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NAGANT said:

TT will help when you get those mixed signals that you cant work out.  

I like "TT".  I'll be using that from now on 🙂

Anyway, do you mean a mixed signal like a signal in which the TID is jumping around like, let's say, 72-73-79-81? If that's what you mean, then TT will show a long smudge on the nonferrous line. How is that long smudge showing more info than TID? I would go as far to say that with such a target, TID would be more telling, because with numbers, the ID is more defined, compared to an elongated smudge.

4 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

You keep saying the same thing over and over on 2 different forums. We get it. You don't think the 2D screen is really that useful. You think audio and numerical I.D. tells you all you need to know. That's fine don't buy a Manticore. Those of us who think the 2D adds value and have posted as such to why we think that will find out for ourselves it's utility.

I'm merely trying to find out the benefits of TT. So far, with the info from others, I have found a benefit of TT.

If you don't have anything of value to add, then why are you even replying? How about we keep emotion out of this topic, and stick to the science and technology?

According to one tester it will (TT) expose good targets where audio wouldn't lock on enough to dig.  And he is a longtime detector.  some targets have always sounded mixed/trashy, especially in trash everyone knows them.  This guy said TT looked like fireworks but there was a high conductor separated enough to dig.  It was on youtube within the last week, 3 guy's on split screen and about 1 1/2 hrs long.

• Like 2

Thanks for that NAGANT.

If you have a link to that video, that would be great. I'm most interested in seeing if the TID and/or audio was also indicating a high conductor.

When I'm hunting for nonferrous targets in ferrous infested sites, if I even get a hint of nonferrous tone amongst all the ferrous, then I do the short wiggle, isolate that nonferrous target and dig away 🙂