First Cache - And It's An Odd One

All very interesting finds. That heavy Chrome plating & enamel sure held up well on the auto emblems, The R badge looks to have attachments for leather or thin wood. Very nice condition coin & neat key.

Truly interesting finds, Zincoln! 👍

It was quite the thing to "de-badge" cars in the 60s and 70s, I knew kids that did it. 😀

Tried to find your whatzit, it might be a stylized "ERA" or something. Raleigh bicycles apparently didn't have a badge like that. 

Thanks for posting unique stuff. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool interesting Cache! you don't see that everyday ha ha ha. Nice looking dime too. Never know next time will be a hole full of gold coins. Hopefully

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JCR said:

All very interesting finds. That heavy Chrome plating & enamel sure held up well on the auto emblems, The R badge looks to have attachments for leather or thin wood. Very nice condition coin & neat key.

I'm with you JCR. Think it went on apparel or possibly leather. Kinda thinking a hat badge of some sort.  Found a 1920-30 era Western Union hat badge here and a 1930's Schwinn World head badge as well last year.   

Could have been part of a decorative brooch or ladies sash buckle.  Have found both of those items in this place as well. 

Definitely a curiosity, but no matches yet.  

• Like 2

That is an interesting site to have & hunt.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

What was the 352 Emblem off of 

Mid 1960s Ford Galaxie, I know for sure it was on a 1966 Ford Galaxie with the 352 engine, but not sure if it was on any other year models that had the 352 engine, and for sure not on any that didn't have the 352, i.e. the 289, the 390, or the 427.

It's a bit hard to see in these photos of 1966 Ford Galaxies, but the emblem is on the fender behind the front tire.

1966 Ford Galaxie

1966 Ford Galaxie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great little treasure finds and most definitely some kids little stash they buried. Beats taking it home and getting caught by the parents and receiving a whipping for theft. I buried a few back in the 70s in my my hometown of Cicero, Illinois. Our thing was stealing the tire stem valve chrome caps and center chrome wreaths on the hood. We buried most of it and most of it is still there in the ground. Thanks for bringing that childhood memory back and sharing your cool finds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1