Greetings From Belgium

HerrUU

Hi all,

I'm from Belgium, living near Brussels and not that far from the battlefield of Waterloo. Bought myself an entry level detector back in 2013 and put it in the garage after a few times searching with it. Recently a good friend of mine asked me to go out on search trips with him and so I took up the detector again.

As the old detector just isn't up for the job, I'm looking into buying myself a new one for Xmas. I see that Nokta Makro is doing a great promo here and I'm considering buying a Legend from them. 

Anyways, I already found a lot of good information here and I hope to get to know you guys better online.

Kr,

Walt

• Like 4

Welcome from Eastern Texas. You have chosen a good Forum to join. The Legend should make a very good detector for you, even in the future as you gain experience. Will you be able to detect any of the actual battle ground or campsites? Lots of older history there too.

• Like 1

Welcome Walt, I visited your country while in the US Army in 1984. We received quite a welcome! We were close to Antwerp, not sure exactly where, but it was very nice and a good memory for me.

I wish you the best of luck with finds, I looked up your laws and hope they permit you to get out there. This is a great forum for advice and information, looks like you're already interested in a fine detector.

• Like 1

Welcome Walt. 

You just chose wisely on forum membership.  

Hope you find some awesome historical relics out there  ! 

I'm looking forward to seeing some of them !

That Legend should treat ya good too .

Careful , if you hang out here too long you'll end up wanting more than one detector!🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HerrUU said:

Hi all,

I'm from Belgium, living near Brussels and not that far from the battlefield of Waterloo. Bought myself an entry level detector back in 2013 and put it in the garage after a few times searching with it. Recently a good friend of mine asked me to go out on search trips with him and so I took up the detector again.

As the old detector just isn't up for the job, I'm looking into buying myself a new one for Xmas. I see that Nokta Makro is doing a great promo here and I'm considering buying a Legend from them. 

Anyways, I already found a lot of good information here and I hope to get to know you guys better online.

Kr,

Walt

Welcome, HerrUU! I can attest to the Legend being a great machine with many advanced features -- especially at its price point -- and also being easy to use out of the box in stock settings. You reside in a very interesting and historical area, and I can't wait to see what kind of coins and relics you pull out of the ground!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome 👍

16 hours ago, JCR said:

Will you be able to detect any of the actual battle ground or campsites?

Unfortunately not, there's a law in Belgium that prohibits searching in valuable archeological sites & battlefields. But the armies that participated in that battle of course had to get there first and I found a source that the Prussians might have passed through my town. 

I did find some spent ammo from WOII in someones back yard with a funny story. It was mauser 7.92 mm ammo made by FN Herstal (so Belgian) for the Yugoslavian army in the interbellum period, probably captured by the Germans in WOII and thus found its way back to Belgium. How things can travel 🙂

I ordered my Legend yesterday so I'm hoping to use it this weekend on a permission we have in some very old fields. 

• Like 5

Just got my Legend today 😁 Unfortunately it was already dark and I couldn't test it in the garden but I've got a trip planned for tomorrow afternoon 🙂

• Like 1