Giant Coils Looking For Gold From The Sky

phrunt

35 minutes ago, Kostas 13 said:

After the discussion about geophysical machines started, I got the idea to suggest a method that can help you in your search for natural gold.

I personally don't deal with physical gold because I know it doesn't exist where I live but I would love to

it existed because I really enjoy this kind of research and envy many of you who do it

so let's get to my point...

I have read that in soils that contain a magnet like black sand, the chances of native gold are increased, so perhaps using a proton magnetometer would be useful in the soils being surveyed to see what magnetically excites the soil and focus the prospector's research metals in this area ...below I'll put a scan containing magnetic from my main magnetometer so you can see what I'm saying..

IMG_20221209_190358.jpg

IMG_20221209_183903.jpg

I like how you superimposed your magnetometer image over the ground photograph.  What type of unit are you using and how many passes do you have to make to get a map like that- or is it just an image from a larger scale survey from somewhere else that you just used for example?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

I like how you superimposed your magnetometer image over the ground photograph.  What type of unit are you using and how many passes do you have to make to get a map like that- or is it just an image from a larger scale survey from somewhere else that you just used for example?

I'm using a device built a decade ago by a Belgian in collaboration with a Canadian professor, which as far as I know is no longer in production.

The txt belongs to a very good friend of mine with whom we collaborate in our research.

we usually do small scans like 10*10 because we are interested in ferromagnetic metals and want better resolution.

10 minutes ago, Kostas 13 said:

I'm using a device built a decade ago by a Belgian in collaboration with a Canadian professor, which as far as I know is no longer in production.

The txt belongs to a very good friend of mine with whom we collaborate in our research.

we usually do small scans like 10*10 because we are interested in ferromagnetic metals and want better resolution.

Looks like a proton precession magnetometer?

This is the type of device I was talking about a few posts back which can be made smaller and drone mounted. They can be built fairly easily as they are mostly just a PVC tube full of water with a coil around the tube. The hard part is the electronics and data acquisition part. They also don't need to be oriented specifically, so they are good for flying around (as long as you can isolate the noise from the engines/motors).

• Like 3