Garrett Axiom - New Pricing In New Zealand

phrunt

This is a bit of a big deal, maybe not for the rest of the World but it is for NZ customers.  The Axiom is now priced at a much more reasonable price, now it's priced just under a GPX 6000.

A dealer I didn't even know existed now carries it for 8,599.00 NZD for the wireless package and have it in stock.  So if any NZ'ers are out there looking for an Axiom it's worth contacting Detectors Downunder, I've honestly never heard of them which is odd, they're a 100% NZ owned business and sell the full Garrett range.  The GPX 6000 is currently $8,898.99.

They're called Detectors Downunder and they service both Australia and New Zealand.

https://detectorsdownunder.co.nz/products/axiom-wireless-package

Also, they take care of the warranty should it be required, it's just sent back to them so that's great as that was always a concern with Garrett in NZ and even Aussies shared similar concern, what to do for warranty, so this seems resolved.

It's now making the other Garrett dealer in NZ look very bad as they're still trying to sell it for $10,770.81, more than a GPZ 7000.

In Australia they also have the Axiom on their Aussie site for $7385 AUD for the wireless package and have it in stock too.

https://www.detectorsdownunder.com/garrett-axiom-wireless-package

🙂

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Garrett Axiom - New Pricing In New Zealand

Yeah, I lobbied on this, as it was not a good look at all having that one dealer advertising sky high prices. There are enough issues with exchange rates and imports duties, without that sort of price gouging going on. I met the man who manages this operation, Reece Muru, while on my Australia trip. Really great guy and a superb host, I can't imagine anyone being anything but happy doing business with him. Reece is from New Zealand himself. He is the really tall guy on the right in this photo taken at the site where the Hand of Faith was found.

E842A2A5-900E-4B02-AAAD-03380A04E271.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for doing that Steve, hopefully the exchange rate settles down a bit too and the price adjusts to reflect that,

It wasn't long ago the NZD got to a crazy low of 55 cents to the USD, It's rallying back up and at 64 cents now but if it can make its way back up into the 70's somewhere that'd be good to help keep the price low.  When the Axiom first hit it was down in the 50's I think, incredibly low and makes it so hard for Garrett to be competitively priced with manufacturers/countries that have a similar exchange rate.

1441105452_exchangeratechart.thumb.jpg.a5842601c5c33e4c9c8fd956e0fa2d12.jpg

Australia has a free trade agreement with the US and also a lower GST Tax of 10% with NZ at 15% so that helps Australia be slightly cheaper.

It's good to see Garrett step in and do what they can to help their NZ pricing.

• Like 2