Gold Nuggets In Rhode Island

mn90403

There is no evidence that it was from a gold source so then where could it have come from?

17th Century English Pirates Hid In The American Colonies (nationworldnews.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

It's possible the nugget came from the pirate loot...or just as possible it came from someone who lost it after finding it in surrounding states which many of have gold nuggets from either natural gold deposits or gold brought down by glaciers from Canada.

That being said, they should be able to test the gold and compare it to gold from Africa and or Canada, supposedly gold can be traced to it's original source by it's contents, much like the lead cross was tested from "the Curse of Oak Island" to determine where the source of the lead was from.

• Like 4

Don't lose sight of the coin and relic ideas in the article.  That actually means more to me than the nugget.

I agree that gold could have come from other areas.  I've read articles about nuggets in Maine.

Interesting article. As nuggets get less common, some of this treasure hunting stuff starts to sound like new, interesting challenges. Wish there was more of it where I live.

I always had a good laugh at all the "lost treasure" myths in the west - buried robbery loots, etc. But I think I might actually try searching for one next year if I can find one that sounds remotely realistic and not just tales and myth. 

• Like 3

Oh ayuh !

There's gold in Maine , mostly up in the western high country .   There was even a state park where they taught panning. back when I was in my 20s . Mt.Blue SP ~10k acres up by Tumbledown Mtn. area     They discontinued the panning program quite a while back....the State Park is still there though.

And Sugarloaf Mtn. area  .  I read an old book from the early 1900s that described all the areas but can't remember much of it now  Almost all in rivers and streams , but coming out of those mtn systems. (lost the maps I made from it in a fire . arrrrrrrrgh) 

I was researching it 50+ years ago. Panning only , no detector back then. Didn't find anything but also was pretty green . I did shows at most of the NE ski areas a lot but mostly winter time , got up there a little in summer but doing shows then too so time was limited even if it was a summer show  . I really didn't want to travel much on the few days off I had....maybe 3 a month.  Touring is pretty much a 24/7 gig. counting sleep , if any.

C'mon up ! Might want to wait till June though....15*f tonight 25* high tomorrow...the ground , she very hard yup yup !

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

I did shows at most of the NE ski areas a lot but mostly winter time

What type of shows?

12 hours ago, jasong said:

Interesting article. As nuggets get less common, some of this treasure hunting stuff starts to sound like new, interesting challenges. Wish there was more of it where I live.

I always had a good laugh at all the "lost treasure" myths in the west - buried robbery loots, etc. But I think I might actually try searching for one next year if I can find one that sounds remotely realistic and not just tales and myth. 

Victorian's avoca tressure hunt

This might interest you Jason if we let you into Australia 🙂

....LINK....

Sample.....

Below are three separate stories are about buried treasure near Inverloch that I have discovered and researched. It seems that there should be some sort of a connection between them but if so, I simply haven’t been able to find it. Maybe one day, you will make that connection!

Inverloch, 1954 and Donald Nicholson.  

Near Inverloch, an elderly gentleman named Donald Nicholson spent 15 years digging for lost treasure amongst the sand dunes of Savages Hill. .............>At the selection at Tarwin the detectives found 310 of the 5000 missing coins. Later the officers were able to account for a further 1420 coins including ones that that Wiberg had sent to Melbourne for the purchase of a boat.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

What type of shows?

Live music , touring bands mostly but some symphony and festival  gigs when I was associated with a regional sound co.. From Bach to Big Hair Metal to poetry readings .. Whatever the booking people could find ,  to the phone ringing all the time...once I got my mojo clues sussed. Tron background , designing speaker enclosures got my foot in the door.  Truly a dream job for me !  Then I did the pirate ship captain thing ,,,well at a theme park .Different kinda show but a show fer sure arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr matey !

• Thanks 1