Tibooburra Gold! Axiom In Australia - Featuring The Garrett Crew And Our Very Own Steve!

phrunt

Thanks Phrunt It's where I'm heading this winter, just about to book my spot on the ferry to the mainland. I have watched NQExplorers series on Tibooburra using the Axiom. I don't know if this is part of that series, I will have a look at this one.  

I'm so used to chasing small gold I'd be right in my element in Tibooburra.  It seems a nice spot for a bit of fun, in winter 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A really nice trip with really great people. I got to see a lot of the eastern part of the country I never saw before. It reminded me more of the region around northern Florida than anything else, way different than WA. And finally got to see lots of kangaroos!! It is really nice that Steve Moore put this video together. He did not do it for me of course, but it and the one to follow will make a nice video diary of the trip for me to have in the future. So thanks Steve M and Garrett!

Group photo, left to right, Franklin, Warren, Steve H, Henry, Colleen, Reece, Steve N, and Steve M kneeling. This is the monument marking the location where the largest gold nugget ever found with a metal detector was excavated, The Hand of Faith, weighing in at 860 ounces! It was found with a Garrett detector (the Garrett ADS, and general purpose detector), so worth a short side trip and the group photo.

Franklin and Henry work on worldwide distribution at Garrett. Reece distributes and sells in New Zealand and Australia. Warren and Colleen are Australian dealers and do lots of videos for Garrett. Steve Moore is in charge of marketing. And Steve Novakovich is the CEO for Garrett, and so yes, we have proof that even the CEO goes metal detecting now and then. He found his very first gold nuggets with the Axiom on this trip. :smile: Steve Moore is a VERY avid detectorist, and also an author of note.

E842A2A5-900E-4B02-AAAD-03380A04E271.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That's very interesting about Steve Moore. 

He's even written books about metal detecting, I did not know that.

2060590878_Stevemoore.thumb.jpg.4d5c694666d01da82717327689cd0eb1.jpg

• Like 2

Steve Moore is a gung-ho to the max detectorist. He was rabid to find his first gold nugget with a metal detector and like with many of us, that first one was giving him trouble. He finally did it though, and then more came in short order. The first nugget, with rare exceptions, really is the hardest. The you find one and go “oh, so THAT’S what they sound like” and it all gets easier after that.

His deep interest in history goes hand in hand with an interest in relic hunting. No doubt a lot of book ideas come from his research of detecting areas, and a lot of his detecting spots come from research in history for a book.

But I’m not kidding. Every place we went, he’d look for the nearest park or yard to detect in near where we would be staying, and be out that evening when all the rest of us were done. Me anyway. I never did any of those little side hunts, and I give him great credit for nonstop persistence and an eye for opportunity no matter where he is. That sort of attitude and effort will always pay off in the long run.

• Like 3

It was a great trip Steve, everyone in the group found gold with the Axiom, including Steve Moore, Steve Novakovich and Henry Tellez with their first ever gold nuggets - always a good trip when everyone gets gold! Was interesting comparing notes as field testers, even more satisfying that Garrett incorporated most of our suggestions in production Axiom - its up to the end users to get the gold now! Happy Fossicking mate!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, NQ Explorers said:

It was a great trip Steve, everyone in the group found gold with the Axiom, including Steve Moore, Steve Novakovich and Henry Tellez with their first ever gold nuggets - always a good trip when everyone gets gold! Was interesting comparing notes as field testers, even more satisfying that Garrett incorporated most of our suggestions in production Axiom - its up to the end users to get the gold now! Happy Fossicking mate!

Warren or Colleen? Either way, welcome to the forum! And thank you very much for your hospitality and good cheer. A fine time indeed. :smile:

• Like 1