Bone Conduction Headphones

I have been testing some wireless Bone conduction Headphones with the Legend Bluetooth wireless connection and with the Garrett's 24K

For anyone that does not know what bone conduction headphones are rather then go over your ears or in your ears like earbuds they set by your ears on a bone kind of on your jaw bone just in front of your ears, they leave your ears open so you can hear things that are going on around you while still being able to hear your detector.
The brand I have been testing are made by a company called Inductivv,I have to say these have been working great for me, I use them with the Legend and the Garrett 24K, with the 24K i had to add a wireless transmitter which the headphones connect to, The tones and threshold come through nice and clear through these bone conduction headphones, the volume on the bone conduction headphones works off the volume control on the detector, I have had no issues with being able to hear targets through these the targets are nice and clear, I also have had no issues with lag on target response they seem to be just a great set of alternative headphones when you want to be able to hear targets and hear what is going on around you while detecting

I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants an alternative headphone for your detector,I have severe tinnitus in both ears with four different sounds going 24/7 in both ears with these bone conduction headphones they help when detecting to lessen the affects of the tinnitus

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DSMITH said:

bone conduction headphones

Is there a link for the specific headphones you are writing about? Generally there is some lag with wireless headphones, but with certain transmitters you can eliminate that. 

24 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Is there a link for the specific headphones you are writing about? Generally there is some lag with wireless headphones, but with certain transmitters you can eliminate that. 

I have not noticed any lag with these, I have tried some ear buds that had really bad lag, they are 5.3 Bluetooth had to change that, and when I purchased them I was thinking they would be like some of the earbuds I have tried but with these they seem to work similar to the headphones that came with the Legend which work and sound really good

here is the Link

https://inductivv.site/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyrHjlt7u-wIVhRatBh03rwzrEAAYASAAEgJuFvD_BwE

• Thanks 1

I never could find out what the Latency is for them either

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I never could find out what the Latency is for them either

You'd know latency problems by finding your targets always off center in the hole, or by having to dig a second hole to retrieve them. 😀 The other issue, especially with APTX-LL devices, is not hearing the entire tone of half of it on each swing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

You'd know latency problems by finding your targets always off center in the hole, or by having to dig a second hole to retrieve them. 😀 The other issue, especially with APTX-LL devices, is not hearing the entire tone of half of it on each swing.

Or swing the coil over a target and then getting a tone when you are a foot past the target LOL

I have not noticed any of that and trust me I tested them every way I could think of before posting this up, like laying out targets on the ground and swinging over the targets while listening for how quickly I hear the tone these were rite there as I swung over the target, I would hear the target as the coil passed directly over the target pretty close to center of coil, I have been testing these with the Legend for about two months and the Garrett 24K for about 3-4 weeks 

These are what I have noticed but someone that has more acute hearing may notice something different from what I have noticed but I thought my findings were worth a post if it can help someone else, my issues with over the ear headphones and earbuds are because I do not like not being able to hear what is going on around me, my wife goes with me all the time so I was trying to find something that allowed me to hear what she is doing, with her having severe dementia she does not always have the best judgements, these allow me to be aware and keep an eye on her while still being able to hear what my detectors are saying also LOL

The one issue I have had with them is when I forget to deactivate Bluetooth in my phone if I do not do that thes Inductivv bone conduction headphones will connect rite to my phone instead of the Legend or wireless transmitter that i have mounted on the 24K other then that I have had no issues