Clueless... Hope You Found A Fishing Lead Sinker!

For now Don Pedro lake still allows metal detecting with the exception of a few areas that are off limits, as long as we follow the rules. The first rule is to put the area back to normal (fill your holes) when you are done. I filled your hole in the middle of the trail, but if you continue to be inconsiderate (and this really was stupid) we will lose the freedom to hunt there.

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG

• Like 3

Some just don't give a crap about anything!  Thanks for filling someone's hole.  There is always that 1% that ruins things for the 99%.

I like the digger in the pic though.  

• Like 1

Most that leave their hole open usually leave the trash lying around the hole......

BTW, I dug a full 18" yesterday for one of those shoe sole protectors that they used to nail on their boots with my ATX :smile:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LipCa said:

Most that leave their hole open usually leave the trash lying around the hole......

BTW, I dug a full 18" yesterday for one of those shoe sole protectors that they used to nail on their boots with my ATX :smile:

That's tough going in hard packed ground even for you young guys,, I don't think I am up to it,  :blink:

john

I am constantly filling holes and picking up trash left by others. Lowest life scum that should be banned from ever using a metal detector. They are a direct threat to what we do and number one reason more areas are constantly closed to detecting.

Good on you Art for filling that pit.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Roughwater said:

I like the digger in the pic though.  

Got it on ebay for around $65 and it has a little plastic clip that hangs on your belt to carry the digger. it bangs on my leg in an annoying way when walking long distance but works out fine when i'm slowly working an area. I bought the digger to use when I'm out in the wilds hunting with the deus, the little french detector pinpoints really good and most of my targets are close to the surface, so no need for a pick seems to be working out. much lighter than carrying my pick, keeping in mind one of the reasons i went with the Deus in the first place was packability.

Thanks Steve for the kind words.

this one was in one of the worst spots right on the trail, a real ankle breaker amazing no one had stepped in it in poor light. 

I was out near the lake chatting with another member of one of the clubs I belong to, he was out hunting also and lives in the area, by accident I wound up parking right next to his car and we done for the morning at the same time.

While we were chatting at the side of the road the game warden rolled up and asked how we were doing, we told him nothing but trash (sadly this was 100% true) and that was OK because it was such a beautiful day to hunt. Turns out he was also interested in detecting and we wound up talking for a bit about the current situation on prospecting and detecting, Scott was his name, he was into coin hunting...very nice and reasonable LEO, we also talked of the importance in policing ourselves and educating others in protecting our access. for now the area is very supportive of responsible metal detecting by those following the rules and being considerate of others, one bad apple could change that for everyone.

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am constantly filling holes and picking up trash left by others. Lowest life scum that should be banned from ever using a metal detector. They are a direct threat to what we do and number one reason more areas are constantly closed to detecting.

Good on you Art for filling that pit.

I had all my gear stolen from one site, I was that angry that I gave up detecting for a few months, and while I was away some one dug the place up and made a mess there and I lost the site which dated back to about the 1400s  That really P'd me off because I could detect there while all the fields were under crops so for a while I had no mid year places to detect.

So I have felt what this type of thing can do, dumb Mutha's.

john 

• Like 1